• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A bit of espionage :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oni said:

Maybe somebody can shed some light on the subject, but what the hell is an "asshat"? Sounds like that mod is about 14 years old.

Don't know what an @sshat is, but I do know that one of their (ex) Mods is on several Troll Lists....Shows the quality of people they pick to represent them.

Anyway I agree with Ploafs comments above, as Ploaf is a wise man.:cool:

Last edited:
if you have windows 2k you can use the task scheduler and have it load as a service when the computer boots. doesnt allways work though. my only other thought would be to set up the client and a program like hide it in the startup folder and hope it works

Ebola said:
if you have windows 2k you can use the task scheduler and have it load as a service when the computer boots. doesnt allways work though. my only other thought would be to set up the client and a program like hide it in the startup folder and hope it works

You can have it load as a service and be hidden in any Windows, if you're willing to do a registry hack. It's not much and is actually fairly easy to setup. Doing it for Win9x/ME is different though for Win2k/XP(kind of a duh I know but anyway) It works quite well. The only way to see it is ctrl-alt-del or task manager if you're in 2k/xp. They are all a network correct? What you could do is run them all as a service so their hidden, and then setup foldmonitor on one machine that watches all of them so you know if there's something wrong. Just a thought. Just let me know which one the comps are using and i can get the step by step info for you if you can do it that way.

chestRcopRpot said:
Nice responses. especially ploafs.

But most of my post was tongue-in-cheek. You didn't need to respond with all that thought. I'm not worth it!

"I am legally an adult - 16. " Where the hell do you live???? Sorry can't be bothered going back to look! So you can vote and drink and stuff at 16. Man that is cool. in Australia it is 18. Anyway can't be the US, i don't even think you can drink alcohol until you are 21....... No wonder the youth of america is so troubled.... :D

cheers

At 16 I can enter full time employment, may marry and have sex. I am not completely an adult but I am considered old enough to look after myself with minimal help.

Lets stop now. If you REALLY want to discuss it, do so via PMs.

]-[itman said:

You can have it load as a service and be hidden in any Windows, if you're willing to do a registry hack. It's not much and is actually fairly easy to setup. Doing it for Win9x/ME is different though for Win2k/XP(kind of a duh I know but anyway) It works quite well. The only way to see it is ctrl-alt-del or task manager if you're in 2k/xp. They are all a network correct? What you could do is run them all as a service so their hidden, and then setup foldmonitor on one machine that watches all of them so you know if there's something wrong. Just a thought. Just let me know which one the comps are using and i can get the step by step info for you if you can do it that way.

well here is the bad news... tha lab is running 98se and not 2k:( but i still want to try to get is up for us

Ok 98se is actually going to be fairly easy. Right now I only have XP to work with though and i can't remember everything off the top of my head :( When I go to college I'll go through it and I can post a step by step method. As i said, it's pretty easy and works great. I'll be at college in about 3 hours.

]-[itman said:
Ok 98se is actually going to be fairly easy. Right now I only have XP to work with though and i can't remember everything off the top of my head :( When I go to college I'll go through it and I can post a step by step method. As i said, it's pretty easy and works great. I'll be at college in about 3 hours.

It is easy. There is a write up on the tricks page for setting up the client as a service in win98SE. I've done it and it works.
http://www.overclockers.ws/tricks.html

]-[itman said:

There you go NASsoccer. Good luck with it!

Thanks Hit and thanks ploaf. I guess i should have looked at the tricks page. :rolleyes: Anyway, hopefully today or tomorrow you will have 14 more GHZ of folding power coming our way:D

NASsoccer said:

Thanks Hit and thanks ploaf. I guess i should have looked at the tricks page. :rolleyes: Anyway, hopefully today or tomorrow you will have 14 more GHZ of folding power coming our way:D

It's alright i didn't know it was in the tricks section either;) 14 ghz will help us in a big way. Will they be going 24/7 and what cpu's are they exactly?

Well I can tell you that they do run pretty much 24/7, but as for the processors you'll have to wait for NASsoccer

drunkmonkey said:

We'll a lot of the adults around here sound just as immature as us. :)

Well, I think I might have figured out what an Asshat is, Wouldn't it be called a Diaper? And who would call someone a diaper?:confused:

Drunkmonkey: we adults work very hard @ being the way we are, it doesn't come naturally. We go to work all day long and have to be serious and businesslike, so when we get home in the evenings (for those of us that work days anyways) we just want to relax and kick the boots off and have a little fun!:D

Razorclaw212 said:
Well I can tell you that they do run pretty much 24/7, but as for the processors you'll have to wait for NASsoccer

That's sweet. It doesn't really matter what they are if their running 24/7. 15ghz of power should give us a nice boost. Maybe not to move up, but atleast to have a hold on 3rd place.

this one sure is a lively thread.
my opinion is that maturity usually comes with age, but age is really only a number. it's how you carry and conduct yourself in varied situations that shows maturity. at the same time, some immature fun is ok too, in moderation. enough of my philosophizing.
Don't get old, Fold.:beer:

Tweaked! said:

Well, I think I might have figured out what an Asshat is, Wouldn't it be called a Diaper? And who would call someone a diaper?:confused:

Drunkmonkey: we adults work very hard @ being the way we are, it doesn't come naturally. We go to work all day long and have to be serious and businesslike, so when we get home in the evenings (for those of us that work days anyways) we just want to relax and kick the boots off and have a little fun!:D

True but us teens have school which is as bad as work.
I'm not saying that thers somrthing wrong with immature adults(I think there the best kind), I'm saying that just because were teens doesn't mean we can't handle things responsibly.

I agree with your asshat definition, that person isn't immature, he's just a dork\/.
(for referance:
dork=a freak that has no clue he's a freak
geek=smart, immature, but generally normal person[me]
nerd=really smart person who never wants to have any fun)

BTW, hey Tweaked, shouldn't your bin-laden avatar say "Preferably Alive" so we can do horible things to him, mmwhaha. I heard someone say if the catch him alive, he should be sent to Sweden, have a sex exchange and be sent back home since women are looked down upon there(thats going easy).

Last edited:
drunkmonkey said:

I'm not saying that thers somrthing wrong with immature adults(I think there the best kind), I'm saying that just because were teens doesn't mean we can't handle things responsibly.

Not to be rude, but...I wish I was a teen again...Not having to do my own laundry, NOT having to do my own cooking or cleaning...AND MOST OF ALL, NOT having to agonize over which bill I pay on time and which one will have to wait a week or two...

It is hard being a teenager (I still remember peer pressure, etc. etc.)...I don't think too many enlightened people would disagree...And teens can certainly be MORE responsible than some of my so called ADULT friends...But school is nowhere near as BAD as work (although it depends on where you go to school)...I took two years off work to go back to university and it was so much better than work that I want to become a 'professional student', I just need to find some way to pay for it...

I suggest you TRY to enjoy every moment at every age...Each stage of life is filled with both joy and hardship...it is in each of us to make the most of every situation...

And I really do not intend to make light of the hardships of being a teenager...Please do not take what I say to be an insult...it is not meant that way at all...Only that many teens seem to think all their troubles will disappear when they grow up...Unfortunately that is not true...they don't go away...just take on different levels of meaning and importance...

drunkmonkey said:

I agree with your asshat definition, that person isn't immature, he's just a dork\/.
(for referance:
dork=a freak that has no clue he's a freak
geek=smart, immature, but generally normal person[me]
nerd=really smart person who never wants to have any fun)

BTW, hey Tweaked, shouldn't your bin-laden avatar say "Preferably Alive" so we can do horible things to him, mmwhaha. I heard someone say if the catch him alive, he should be sent to Sweden, have a sex exchange and be sent back home since women are looked down upon there(thats going easy).

Well, As far as the Bin Laden thing, It all depends on how you look at it. Yeah, I'd like to see him tortured to every decree, but being a taxpayer that has watched my income dwindle with each new tax law that my paycheck gets hit with, I'd be happy just knowing his fate. Not having to pay to feed, clothe, and house him till he dies a naturral death. The attention he would require would really hit the pocket books of all Americans.
As far as the teen thing goes, enjoy what you have now, it will be gone before you realize it, and you'll never have it again. Just hope you're able to make the right choices when the oportunities arise. Savour your youth and don't let the petty s**t influence the decisions that will decide your fate. They are very petty compared to the big picture. And reaching 21 and getting the freedoms most teens look forward to are highly overrated and don't end up meaning that much after you have them. ;)

Back