• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A game written with Borland Turbo C++

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PDL

Decided to start a new thread for this. It's for those who wanted a copy from a previous post about Borland users.

Well, here goes!
Now don’t get too excited about this game folks! It was nearly 4 years ago and a lot of “new-code” ago.
There are no fancy graphics, it’s just a rendition of an old board game. Maybe some of you will recognize it from the past. I wrote it on a system running a 233MMX and, except for the graphics error on exit, it has worked on every new system I have had. Even works at present, see sig, at 1440MHz (10*140). Says a lot for the old compilers! Still like to play it now & again!
You should get a .zip file of 135KB. This will unzip to 3 files, total of 202KB, the program file, an icon file and a shortcut file. This game must run in a full-screen mode so the shortcut file is already set to work if all 3 files are in the directory C:\SAVI\
As mentioned above, you will get a graphics error on exit, something I never did go back to fix. Also, the email address in the program is not correct.

I hope all this works, let me know if it does, or doesn't.
Thanks for lookin!!

Last edited:
Pretty cool game. I like it.. nice to use my mind for once will playing a computer game.
What game was this reminscent of?

Not sure of the manufacturer but the game was called
"The Black Box".
It was a plastic board which had indentations for the marbles and a cover over the top. You had to have someone else place the marbles on the board out of your site and cover them up. They would have a plastic card that they would use to mark where the marbles were. Then the player, there was only one at a time, would place a marker at one of the 32 positions and the person who hid the marbles would determine the outcome.
I always liked the game but had trouble finding someone to hide the marbles and knew how to mark the board.
So, I utilized the computer!

Back