• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X locks PCI bus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Someone else posted in another thread here that it does lock the pci since the pci agp ratios are locked together, so if it can lock the agp the pci must get locked along with it.

Mambo said:
Epox has said they have AGP lock but not PCI lock

As far as I know, no one from EPoX has denied there is a PCI lock. They have not said there is one, but neither have there said there is not. In the absence of a denial, I'm inclined to believe that it does exist.

The PCI bus is locked at 33 no matter what. The AGP bus you can lock in at whatever. The smart thing would be to lock it in at 66.
Abb

Jstic, thanks for posting that pic. How high have you been able to get the FSB on that board? How high does the vdim on that board go? I've heard the vcore only goes up to 1.85 though...

Vcore goes to 1.85 but overvolts to 1.9

Vdimm on the other hand only goes up to 2.8 which is really really sad as I'm used to having up to 3.2 with my 8K3A.

~THT

Back