• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

abit bh7 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mckennaiii here's what I think you should do:
1) Click on 'Image Name' so the processes are alphabetically sorted (One click may sort it from Z-A, another click will reverse it).
2) Look up the processes at Answers That Work (That's why you should sort them first, otherwise you'll keep going back and forth).
3) If any of them aren't listed write them down, so you can do a search later (Either on your PC or the WWW) or post them so we can help.

I already noticed you have quicktime installed..right? unless you need it and/or use it alot, get rid of it, quicktime alternative is a better solution (It will install WMP Classic (WMP 6/7 orso) and play .MOV files just as good).

While you're at it you might as well install RealAlternative (Plays Real media files) and the K-Lite codec pack (Best codec pack I've ever found)...all files can be found here (Don't forget to uninstall other codecs (If you have any installed) before installing K-Lite).

When I have a bit more time on my hands I'll take a closer look at that HUGE list of processes (I only have 25 or 26 running, including SigX and Deamon Tools...and then some).

i did step 1 [image name].
will work on step 2 tomorrow.
probably 1/2 of the stuff that is running in task mgr. doesn't need to be running.
i just don't know what to delete.
on win 98 i use to only have explorer.exe and sys.tray running and had all the other crap off or disabled.

when you look at my screen shots of task mgr., can i pretty much turn off everything that has [brooke] beside it but leave running the items that have [system] beside it?

Back