• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II - strange problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Magum

My current mobo is a Abit TH7II-R. The non-raid ide channels keep going back to PIO mode under HD usage in winxp. I’m not sure when the ide slow down started since I only recently put a drive on them and not the raid controller. It has also very recently started to show the System Task at 99% in task manager even on a fresh install. On random reboots the System task processor usage will disappear only to come back later. The proc usage is new and seems acpi related. If I change the kernel from acpi uniproc to standard machine the problem goes away. The System Task processor usage even stays 100% when booting into safe mode and I’ve tried removing all PCI cards and swapping out the AGP card but nothing fixes the issue. Anyone else have issues like this with a TH7II? Im thinking the MB has went bad. Anyone have any suggestions?

my system (not OCed)

P4 2.0A
Abit Th7II-R Bios Revision TH7HBF 09/13/2002
Gainward Golden Sample G4 TI4400
Audigy
Netgear 10/100 nic
Koolance watercooled
512 Samsung pc800 2x256
430watt Enermax
WD 80gig special edition
plex 24x
pioneer slot load dvd

I do not have such problems under WinXP but you can try to install the Intel Application Acclerator to solve your PIO/DMA problem. Perhaps it solves more than that...

Merkor

Back