• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU 100% usage !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bandolero

Registered
Hello guys. I need your help. In the last few days my CPU started to work at 100% usage:confused: First I've opened task manager to see working processes. Everything was fine, everyday processes were running, but the usage was on 100%. I've scanned my CPU with my Norton Internet Security 2012, no viruses. I did the same thing with Spybot Search and Destroy and with Malwarebytes Anti Malware, but they didn't find anything. I did all scans again in safe mode, but the problem still exsist. I only have to mention that in the safe mode my processor usage was normal. This is my problem guys. I want to leave system reset for last, if you know some solution, please help.

Go into resource monitor if using Windows 7, it under the performance tab. Not sure about Win8

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 88
I've opened the resource monitor, I've found out that the exe file that was using my CPU was called "minerd.exe*32". I looked it up on the internet and found that it is a malware, but when I scanned my pc with Malwarebytes Anti Malware, I didnt found him. I've end his process tree, but how can I remove it for good?

I've opened the resource monitor, I've found out that the exe file that was using my CPU was called "minerd.exe*32". I looked it up on the internet and found that it is a malware, but when I scanned my pc with Malwarebytes Anti Malware, I didnt found him. I've end his process tree, but how can I remove it for good?

Minerd.exe is a CPU mining program. Used to mine crypto-currencies. I use it myself time to time.

Like Luke asked, have you "mined" before?

Back