• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

accessing dialup internet without phone cable attached directly to notebook???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awaysahmad4u

hi guyz..
one of my friend got this notebook..
http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/tm290.htm#01
with blue tooth and w/lan etc.. now he wants me to make him able of connecting to internet without pluging the telephone cable in the notebook's modem, i think he will have to get and access point for such thing, and will connect to it through blue tooth correct me if i am wrong (which has max chances) , he has MSI's blue tooth (which is something like usb stick :bang head ) i have to help him out, tell me guyz what he needs and what to do to connect his notebook to internet while he can easily move in his home with his notebook, for which he must be independent of telephone cable.. thanking you in anticipation...
Awais Ahmad

you would need to finder a router with dialup capabilities and conenct a wireless access point to it or if you are really lucky a wireless router that can handle dialup. Some cable/ADSL routers allow you to have a backup dialup connection if the main cable/ADSL line fails this would work you would just never connect through a cable/ADSL line.

Bluetooth is a wireless technology (not sure of exact spd but kinda slow) that allows you to interface with bluetooth compatible items; cell phones, mice, keyboard, etc.

I read about a bluetooth 56k modem in a magazine. Actually called a useless use of bluetooth and "like broadband without all the annoying speed."

Back