• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice for new P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

Im building a new box for my nephew and the MoBo supports hyperthreading. How do I know if the P4 chip has this technology when I buy it?

Does it say "Hyperthreading onboard" on the box?
Is there a code # I can check on the box?
Do some models (i.e. 533-FSB, 400-FSB) have it and some dont?
Or can I go by date maufactured in the Production code?

:)

heres the gig

533mhz chips with ht: 3.06
800mhz chips with ht: 2.4, 2.6, 3.0, and the new (not out yet) 3.2

thats it though

but it should say on the box

the only p4 that have HT are the P4 800fsb chips and the 3.06 533 fsb. nothing else so far

edit: beaten to the punch lol

the only p4 that have HT are the P4 800fsb chips and the 3.06 533 fsb. nothing else so far

Except the new P4P (P4 Portability) in 2.4, 2.6, 2.8 and 3.06 flavours, with 533FSB, HT support, 1.525vCore and a battery saving mode (1.4ghz I think) at 1.3vCore.....sampling currently for use in "transportables" (big laptops) - although I doubt you will come across one at PC World :D

mayagrafix said:
Im building a new box for my nephew and the MoBo supports hyperthreading. How do I know if the P4 chip has this technology when I buy it?

Does it say "Hyperthreading onboard" on the box?
Is there a code # I can check on the box?
Do some models (i.e. 533-FSB, 400-FSB) have it and some dont?
Or can I go by date maufactured in the Production code?

:)

Long answer short, look @ the CPU retail box, where INTEL logo is? .. you should see the H T as in this image (notice the HT on top right corner):

htp4.jpg

Boy, I'd sure like to get one of those new mobiles.

Considering I got the "old" 2002 week 32 to hit 220FSB, I wonder
what a 2003 with HT would do!?!?

Back