• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i tried a search but it won't let AGP go through and voltage is to broad a term.

what does increasing the AGP voltage in the BIOS do? my GPU is a little unstable and cooling is good. i wanted to increase stability. will upping the voltage there help this?

Ussually it's only good to use for stability if you are running agp out of spec(above 66mhz). You can try experimenting with it.. i think it can help some people sometimes but hardly.

BF1942 kept crashing on me when I was overclocked until I upped the AGP voltage by .1V. This was on the A7N8X-Deluxe Rev. 2 board.

Increasing AGP voltage basically increases the signal strength over the AGP bus. Increasing it will help if you're experiencing video instability on an overclocked AGP bus (raised FSB = overclocked AGP). Won't help with an overclocked GPU/memory on a stock AGP bus.

Even though there's an (unjustified?) taboo against raising the vagp by any amount here, I've found that a .1v increase on both of the 9700s I've owned helped stability and reduced/eliminated artifacts when approaching it's overclocked limit. I've never really gone beyond .1v higher than stock though. Give it try.

SickBoy said:
Won't help with an overclocked GPU/memory on a stock AGP bus.

My AGP/PCI bus is locked but it did stop the crashes I was experiencing with my Radeon 9000 Pro AIW.

Back