• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AHHHHH!! We have to change the folding chat room server!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

plague

[1:33pm] *** Connect retry #99 nexgo.de.eu.dal.net (6668)
-
[1:33pm] *** Unable to connect (Can't assign requested address)

DAL is getting rediculous, and it's not like i can talk to you guys in there about this:rolleyes:

I think we should seriously consider moving everything over to irc.zirc.org. when we were testing it out on that server, it was great, so fast and easy to connect.

Oh well, maybe ill finally get connected again someday.....:bang head:

i know what you mean, i could not connect for over 30 hours and i finally got connected last night. As far as i know work is being done to get the channel on 3 networks, and then a botnet would be setup so that no matter what network you are on (of the 3) you could still chat. This would make it easy so if DALnet it being DOS attacked you could get on one of the other two networks and still be able to chat as normal.

FOLD ON
NAS

ya, so ive heard.. although i think it would be easier to just go to a different server. but hey, whatever works.

BTW nas, you have "your your" in the first line of your sig ;)

plague said:
ya, so ive heard.. although i think it would be easier to just go to a different server. but hey, whatever works.

oh my gosh:eek: guess it has been like that forever and no one ever said anything!!!1 thank you plague!!!

FOLD ON
NAS

plague said:
/me points and laughs at NAS maliciously.

I haven't been able to get onto IRC since I got my router working, Ident doesn't work for some reason :( That's why I haven't been around.

Gnerma said:

/me points and laughs at NAS maliciously.

I haven't been able to get onto IRC since I got my router working, Ident doesn't work for some reason :( That's why I haven't been around.

hehe:D did you forward port 113 through the router?

FOLD ON
NAS

I noticed the "your your" and just laughed silently a while ago:)

I hope the chat is working when it comes time for the contest winner to be announced! (Grand prize will be announced two days before my birthday, I need a present!)

Try typing "/server dalnet" into the command line of mirc if you can't connect. It will try all the servers in order. I got this info from a link to a thread on the mirc.com homepage.

TwistedAnimator said:
Try typing "/server dalnet" into the command line of mirc if you can't connect. It will try all the servers in order. I got this info from a link to a thread on the mirc.com homepage.
haha, did you see my first post? It was connect retry #99. It stops after that and I just hit connect again. It's working ok now, but I can only get on 1 or 2 servers. I keep getting that "Unable to connect (Can't assign requested address)" error...

Ok now what server are you guys exactly connecting on, cause mine just gives me this.

*** Unable to connect (Can't assign requested address)

:confused:

i use tiscali.eu.dal.net

i think thats it

it uses port 7000 to connect works every time for me

Either I keep picking the most horrible time to try to connect or I just dont have something right, I use this mirc all the time for irc.enterthegame.com . But cant connect to dal.net to save my life.:eh?:

I am having problems conecting with ny version i=of invision. Yet plain vanilla mirc gets me in every time.

If we consider moving to zirc then I can go there as well...

I havent been able to connect for that last week or so, Been trying every server i can. gonna try the /server dalnet and see if it will give me something besides "can't assign address" :(

Edit: w00r! finally got connected to tiscali port 700 :D

Back