• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all audio pro logic

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob_the_d

So here's my little quandry here. I'm not sure if anyone's going to be able to figure this one out, but it wouldn't hurt me to try.

I have an old SB Audigy Gamer, a Klipsch 5.1 surround sound system and I used to run Windows 2000. Now after my last reformat onto Windows 2000, I'm not sure what it was what I did but all of my audio was run through my speakers via DPL. I mean everything. iTunes, regular warning beeps, video files, the whole works. It just seems like everythrough was routed through that way. And I liked it. It made everything sound much better, most notably 2.0 encoded video files.

Now my computer crashed and I needed to reformat. The only thing I could manage to find is my friend's Windows XP CD. Problem is that I want all my audio to go full surround but I can't seem to repeat what exactly it was that I did. I've tried everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas on what I did and how to make that happen again?

Thanks.

It should allready be that way. Your klipsch setup should handle all of that for ya. All the connections are correct between the sound card and the klipsch ?

J.

Depending on what drivers your running, you can also have the Audigy upmix it. Usually under EAX settings - CMSS 3D - enable stereo surround and it'll upmix it to 5.1

I'm not sure if you're aware but you can run softmodded Audigy 2 ZS drivers on that Audigy 1 card and you'll get better sound and more features.

Also, this thread really belongs in the "Sound Systems" subforum. ;)

Back