• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aluminum vs regular, which is quietest?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zck250

Which cases are the quietest?. Aluminum or regular. OR are all cases pretty much the same and it just depends on what fans you have?

Has anyone heard anything bout the OCZ titanium 1000 or Lian-li pc-60? Which is better?

Well the aluminum cases are thinner than steel so maybe they are a little louder but it really is all about the fans you put in there. I would stay away from the OCZ, get the Lian-Li or, better yet, a CoolerMaster!

Does any body have a Cooler Master ATC-210? Is it a good case?

Some of those coolermaster cases look pretty sweet. They sell some on newegg among other places.

I have both a Coolermaster ATCS 201c and a Lian Li PC-60...Of the two, the Lian Li is a tad quiter. It has less fans than the Coolermaster and it has the ability to change the speed of the front fans through the voltage switch.

On the flip side, I would still regard the Coolermaster as being a better case due to build quality.

To answer your question, a steel case with comprable cooling would be quieter than an aluminum case.

Back