• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 64-bit 3200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vortexkrow

Are all the 3200+ maded cpus have the core Newcastle? and some guy on the forums said they are best for overclocking and im just wondering is this true?

Thanks!

No, there are some with the clawhammer core (2GHz; 1MB) and the newcastle core (2,2GHz; 512KB).
By now, there shouldn't be any 512KB clawhammers- they should all be newcastle.

But your friend is right, the newcastle are better to oc due to the smaller L2- cache- and don't need so much voltage . I've seen newcastles with 2,7GHz and air- cooled!

But you need to know that the newcastle needs about 150MHz more than a clawhammer to be faster- but then it's faster in any application!

Im wondering tho, I think the 3000+ would be fine for max overclocking, the 11 multi on the 3200+ newcaslte seems to be useless unless you have some crappy mobo and a unlucky cpu that cant handle 250+HTT

The 3200+ Newcastle has a 11 multiplyer. The 3000+ newcastle has a 10 multi. The price diff between the 2 is about $70 which is alot. The 3000+ if you can get 250+HTT you can reach 2500mhz and beyond. But with 250HTT on the 3200+ you will be @ 2750mhz which i haven ever seen before on an A64 and no one will ever get for awhile.

Thats why the 11 multi is pointless, the 10 on the 3000+ is better i think even tho you can lower the multi's on both cpu the extra $70 for the 3200+ seems like a waist cuss i bet you $100 youre ganna have to lower the mlti to 10 or lower to get the max overclock on youre system.

But again like i said it all depends on how youre motherboard and cpu are. The gigabyte isnt the best overclocker out thier, the Epox 8KDA3+ OR 8KDA3J or the MSI K8N NEO are the best for overclocking.

But the MSI board seems to having to many problems, so the epox board seems to be the best choice at least thats what i think. Im getting the 3000+ newcastle and the Epox EP-8KDA3J motherboard since i dont need the extra stuffo n the 8KDA3+

but the question is where can i get a 3000+ NC and make sure its a CG not a C0 with it's cache half disabled, youll definetly get a NC 512kb if you got with the 3200+ but 2800's and 3000's might be half cache disabled NC's that have the same stepping as clawhammers.

If you get a clawhammer with half the cache disbaled simply return the cpu cussit isnt a newcastle and thats what the website was listing it as.

Newegg says thier 2800 and 3000's are newcastle cores if you get a calwhammer with cache disbaled return it with the proof showing its a half assed clawhammer not newcastle simple as that. Also i dunno where people are getting 3200's are all garunteed newcastles but that isnt true. The old clawhammer with disbaled cache's were from 6 months ago, i think by now they are all newcastles unless the store you buy from has old cpu's in the back they never sell.

well its worth a shot

also
Model# ADA3200AXBOX neweggs model number AX which is the CG stepping the 3000+ though says, and as a write this newegg adds a second 3000+ with a AX in its name :p

Huh you didnt make any sense?

I checked i see what ur saying. Just now came out today cuss i didnt see it this morning. The real Newcastle 3000+ is up. Like u said it says ADA3000AXBOX.

Not just that a bunch are up the 3400 and 3200+ all new they werent thier yesturday now they have 3 boxed version's saying 3400AXBOX 3200AXBOX and 3000AXBOX.

Does this mean their the real newcastles ?

Last edited:
steppings CO is old clawhammer, CG is new, newcastle, some newcastles are half assed clawhammers with cache's half disabled (CO stepping) true newcastles have CG steppings, CG's overclock better

CO is the older revision and CG is the newer revision of the cpu's. a CO revision newcastles shows its not really a newcastle but a clawhammer with half the cache disbaled.

people think the CG's overclock better. I think it still has to do with the steppings. but for now it looks like the CG revision does overclock better then CO

gunman said:
but the question is where can i get a 3000+ NC and make sure its a CG not a C0 with it's cache half disabled, youll definetly get a NC 512kb if you got with the 3200+ but 2800's and 3000's might be half cache disabled NC's that have the same stepping as clawhammers.

What about sending an e-mail to make sure it is cg- stepping?

And what you didn't even mention is that there are some Clawhammer- cgs as well.

Vortexkrow said:
im getting the Gigabyte GA-K8VT800PRO motherboard! and what do you mean in better detail please!
I wouldn't advise you to get that. Get one of these boards:
Any nforce3 250 or nforce3 250GB board
OR
Gigabyte K8N pro
Biostar k8nha pro
Shuttle an50r
OR
Abit kv8 pro

Back