• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ancient computer magazines (56k warning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I walked into a little boutique computer shop with my friend last night for some hot hot Tandy VESA action... they were trying to sell a pentium 90 and cyrix chip for about $55 each.

I have this horrible urge to flag it for "Best Of" inclusion... $800 for a 286, add another $100 and he'll give you a dot-matrix printer!!!

I'm about to send him this e-mail:
I'll give you $50 shipped. That's generous, considering it's worth about 1 cent. By the way, you spelled "megabyte" wrong.
He really did spell megebite wrong. Lol... *also marks it for "best of"*

ColtIce said:
I saw this posted on craiglist today. It has to be a joke :p

Heh, I have that exact system sans monitor and keyboard sitting in my garage. I'm planning to take out the components and turn it into a dual Opteron setup. :)

I remember my dad paying around $5000 for a Pentium 60 system that was made by Commodore in the early 90s. It is quite amazing how technology changes so fast.

Pinky said:
Why on earth would they make you do THAT?! Waste of electricity.
Same reason some people have old Model-T Fords. Nostalgia. And to learn how
technology has progressed.

Which reminds me, I was doing the very same thing the other day, except with my old car & Hot Rod
magazines from the '60's. Auto technology doesn't progress nealy as fast as computers of course.
Still fun to look at all the "new" muscle car engines from the '60's. Especially the Pontiacs. :D

I just found my old unix pc. Its from AT&T I think its from the same building where unix was invented. Not sure if it was ever a public item. Gonna boot it to see if it still works. Will post pics

Back in the early 90s Computer Shopper was the size of a phone book.

Wish I had a few of those to look back on-

Back