• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random freezing and blue screens

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It started acting up again and had many errors, so I wiped it down and reloaded windows. What A PITA even though I saved p/w and everything I thought I needed. Thanks for the help,:clap: everyone.

It started acting up again and had many errors, so I wiped it down and reloaded windows. What A PITA even though I saved p/w and everything I thought I needed. Thanks for the help,:clap: everyone.
Does this mean reinstalling windows worked? If so, that's awesome...... and yeah... a PITA too.

When it's stable and working... think about imaging it for a quicker restore. ;)

What software would you recommend? I've never done any backing up or imaging on my computers. I keep jump drivers and pictures of what I think are important, but saving the OS would be great.

The free version of Macrium Reflect is what I use. I have fast 20 Gbps+-capable external storage so I throw it on there. From start to finish, I'm fully up again in ~20 mins with all my basic programs (MS Office, game launchers, monitoring tools, etc. My games are stored on a different partition (data on a different drive) so when I blow the OS out of the water, I'm not DLing and reinstalling games.

I take the image again periodically and keep two, just in case one is somehow garbo.

Back