• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem: iCUE/Corsair Keyboard no longer changes to my color profile upon startup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I'm new to Corsair products, and definitely new to iCUE software.

My current rig is not in my sig.

Also, ICUE SW is in my Startup, and enabled. The below description reminds me of SW that is not set in startup, but it is.

Earlier last year I set up my new rig. Outfitted it with Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT keyboard, and I installed the ICUE SW that controls a lot of things. I created 2 profiles, one all blue, and one multicolor, and that's it. I have not configured anything else.

The blue profile was always listed first in ICUE's profile list, and my multicolor was listed second, and set as default.
Everytime I started the computer, upon log into Win12 the keyboard change from Corsair's flowing rainbow colors, to my multicolor layout. PERFECT.

Then very recently things changed. I can't identify why or when, but I suspect the new behavior is due to either one of the ICUE SW updates, or the keyboard's firmware update. OR, something is corrupted- who knows how if so.

SO the new behavior is upon start up/log in, the keyboard remains in Corsair's rainbow default mode permanently. UNLESS, I open ICUE, and select my multicolor profile- then it changes naturally, and remains that way until the next time I turn off my computer.

I haven't changed how any SW starts upon setup, and I have very little installed on my PC. The only things I have downloaded are a few games, and I've only started playing one recently, so it's not due to gaming behavior.

I did some quick googling and older versions (2018) of ICUE had an issue of the profile order causing issues, so I moved my multi color profile as the first.

This is puzzling.

I updated my keyboard and ICUE to the latest revisions as of today, and that hasn't changed the behavior even after a restart of my PC.

Any ideas appreciated -thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Double check your Windows settings. In one of the most recent updates MS added a dynamic lighting controller that was messing with my RGB software but once I disabled it everything was fine.

I recommend deleting all profiles, creating one, and saving it as a hardware profile (in the device). Then, don't use iCUE at all, as even if you solve the problem, problems will return.
I had this and other problems with Scimitar mice (I had 3 of them), and I'm only using hardware profiles now.

Double check your Windows settings. In one of the most recent updates MS added a dynamic lighting controller that was messing with my RGB software but once I disabled it everything was fine.

I will check, thanks.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iCue software?

I did

I recommend deleting all profiles, creating one, and saving it as a hardware profile (in the device). Then, don't use iCUE at all, as even if you solve the problem, problems will return.
I had this and other problems with Scimitar mice (I had 3 of them), and I'm only using hardware profiles now.

The device is my keyboard. I'm pretty sure it's saved to the keyboard, but maybe not. I'm new to this. My old mono-color keyboard didn't have SW w/it.

I am not sure if the keyboard will keep a profile w/out iCUE- again quite new to this

ODDLY ENOUGH not too long ago, everything returned to normal. I turned on PC and POOF back to my profile. Just like one day POOF it never appeared unless I opened the SW.

I THINK the iCUE was not starting up anymore, not sure.

Back