• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another overclocking thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

namrog84

Registered
AMD 64 X2 3800+ Overclocking help!

Hi everyone. I am still really new at this overclocking thing. I am trying to learn as much as I can .
So I've been searching and reading as much as I can on this forum and other OC forums.
However, I am totally stuck at what to do, and I know I can get more out of it.

My system:
Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Model ADA3800BVBOX
VCard: EVGA GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Memory: G.SKILL Value 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Some random HDs(1+ of each brand) and some XFi soundcard

Alright, I have messed with multipliers and variety of things.
This is where I am currently at
Clocks: Core speed 2230MHZ (2.23Ghz) per core
multiplier x 9.5 ( I can get higher with 9.5 then I can with 9.0 or 10)
Bus speed 235MHz( I cant seem to break this limit and maintain stability)
HT Link 940MHz( I realized that my ram may hold me back so I need to make sure this isnt too far over 1000MHz right?)

Memory frequency is 223MHz ( I didnt set this directly, not 100% sure what exactly effects this
FSB:DRAM CPU/10
CAS: 3
RAS to CAS 4 clocks
RAS Precharge: 4 clocks
Cycle time(Tras) 8 clocks
Bank cycle(Trc): 7 clocks
command rate 1T
DRAM idle timer 256

I upped the voltage from like 1.35 to 1.45 and I think I bumped Dram from 2.7 to 2.8Volts.

It is currently stable when I run Numerous CPU and other stress testing programs.
During this whole procedure my CPU never gets over 30 C (He hasnt gone up but a few degrees)

So im currently stuck at 235*9.5 = around 2.23Ghz
Ive tried pushing to 9.0 and raising one thing. or going to 10x multiplier. Messed with variety of things but This appears to be the best I can do.

My First goal is to reach 2.3Ghz. My final goal is 2.4 or 2.5Ghz. I dont think Ill get much past that. But I've read many people with 3800 X2 getting 2.4 and 2.5 without much problem. I am just inexperienced and dont know what to do now. If someone could offer some specific pointers instead of threads or to search. Ive read those and I tried many things theyve suggested. And I just seem to be stuck.
I am also reachable on Aim: namrog84
Also got MSN and Yahoo If you really want to try and help me out
Or just post here

Please and Thanks and Sorry for any bad english I have in here.

edit:

Figured out one of the main problems.
It was my ram
I changed a divider to reduce it in another place I overlooked.
I have now gotten over 100mhz more without any problems yet. I am still slowly increasing and testing. Ive gone from 2.2ghz to 2.3ghz And I think I will be able to go a bit more before I encounter problems

This morning i started at 2.2Ghz
Now i am a 2.4Ghz and ran some stress test and 0 errors or crashes.
It was my stupid ram!!
I am gonna see if i can get it around 2.5Ghz and then stop..... probably

Last edited:
Back