• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANTEC TWELVE HUNDRED RELEASED!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why would someone replace a Stacker 830 with that?? I'd much rather the stacker personally - at least thats my opinion.

I agree with a couple people in Yahons link. It does look EXTREMELY tall compared to it's depth. I do like that they used the 900 shortcoming and made the 1200 the way the 900 should have been. Mainly good cable management slots and dust filters. Tool free component installation might have swayed a few more people on the edge as well. I'd still pay the same or slightly more for a Cosmos though.:beer:

Axis

:drool: This one is going to be (probably) my next case... This or the CM Cosmos S... Aesthetic wise I prefer Antec 1200 by large margin (that 80's cyber-punk aesthetic is much more with me than racing cars thematic...), and I think that airflow is better thought too. Room to watercool without cut&chop is basically the same (triple rad + double rad), maybe with a lil' more work on the 1200, and the 1200 has the great advantage of being steel instead of alu. Little details as Antec including 5 120mm fans plus two other 120mm replacement fans (so you can directly use them in the side panel and the internal bay mount, or use to replace any fan failing in the future) are to consider too. Maybe a bit expensive, but they have included an awesome 200mm fan, and seven decent 120mm fans, that's some money in itself...

Only things I like more in the Cosmos S, are the PSU air intake from outside the case, and the possibility to mount an eATX system inside it (that I won't be doing by now, but I'd like to have the possibility just in the case).

Anyway, that case looks awesome to me (and I don't agree with the idea of the proportion tall:depth being bad, I think it gives it a more... how to say it... imposing presence -not to talk about the better airflow)

Anyway, that case looks awesome to me (and I don't agree with the idea of the proportion tall:depth being bad, I think it gives it a more... how to say it... imposing presence -not to talk about the better airflow)

Can you tell me how a taller/less depth case has better airflow over a standard sized case? I just looked it up and guess what?

1200 (Dimensions 22.9" x 8.4" x 20.2")
cosmos 1000 (Dimensions 24.8'' x 10.5'' x 23.6'')

By my crude calculations, the Cosmos 1K is 2in bigger in height/depth/width.

Axis

Can you tell me how a taller/less depth case has better airflow over a standard sized case? I just looked it up and guess what?

1200 (Dimensions 22.9" x 8.4" x 20.2")
cosmos 1000 (Dimensions 24.8'' x 10.5'' x 23.6'')

By my crude calculations, the Cosmos 1K is 2in bigger in height/depth/width.

Axis

In order to create the more optimal airflow, you want to use the more fans, the better. You want to have an airflow path the shorter (and more straight) the better. And you want to force the most air to pass through hot components the better.

To strictly answer your question about the height/depth relation, a taller case offers more room for fans considering a straight front-to-back airflow path, and a less deep one, offers a shorter front-to-back airflow path.

On the other hand, about your calculations, have you considered that Cosmos S size measures include those handles/bars at both bottom and top and all that? The effective internal height of Antec 1200 is taller than Cosmos S (12 5 1/4 bays + IO panel VS 10 5 1/4 bays + IO panel), while the effective internal depth of Cosmos S is obviously higher than Antec 1200 (eATX VS ATX).

EDIT: Cosmos 1000 and Cosmos S internal effective dimensions are exactly the same.

Last edited:
I just scored an Antec 1200 (in store pick-up, as there website still says coming soon) for $173 and change out the door from Directron. They had five left in the store when I left. If anyone here is Houston wants one for a less severe price go and get one.

- J

In order to create the more optimal airflow, you want to use the more fans, the better. You want to have an airflow path the shorter (and more straight) the better. And you want to force the most air to pass through hot components the better.

Then I'll have 2 fans facing each other. It's still straight! Nah just kidding.

My supplier got a shipment of these in yesterday and I popped over to have a look. The drive area has these ridiculous dividers and the fans are all part of the case! :(

Scratch this off as a replacement for the Stacker. It will not fit any hot swap cages or even normal multi 3.5 to 5.25 cages without some serious work. You screwed up on making a flexible case Antec!

My supplier got a shipment of these in yesterday and I popped over to have a look. The drive area has these ridiculous dividers and the fans are all part of the case! :(

Scratch this off as a replacement for the Stacker. It will not fit any hot swap cages or even normal multi 3.5 to 5.25 cages without some serious work. You screwed up on making a flexible case Antec!

Yep. That's exactly the reason why I said that installing a radiator in front seems to be harder than others. AFAIK (if you could confirm this...) there are 3 drive cages, each one equivalent to 3x5.25 bays, that are completely standard regarding the way of fixing to the case and so, and they could be perfectly replaced/removed, except that the front bezels, filters and fans, aren't fixed to the case, they are fixed to the drive cages, so if you want to use them, you must either use the 3 drive cages or make a system to fix them to the case or to what you're going to use. Yah, crappy design there.

I'm thinking in building a cardboard (or something) structure and use it as a rad shroud, a mounting system for the rad to fix it to the case, and a support to the front bezels, filters and fans.

And the fans themselves, I don't see they are a part of the case, they are completely removable/replaceable. The only thing is that AFAIK all fan speed controllers are part of the fan not the case, so if you use other fans, you won't have speed controllers.

Yep. That's exactly the reason why I said that installing a radiator in front seems to be harder than others. AFAIK (if you could confirm this...) there are 3 drive cages, each one equivalent to 3x5.25 bays, that are completely standard regarding the way of fixing to the case and so, and they could be perfectly replaced/removed, except that the front bezels, filters and fans, aren't fixed to the case, they are fixed to the drive cages, so if you want to use them, you must either use the 3 drive cages or make a system to fix them to the case or to what you're going to use. Yah, crappy design there.

I'm thinking in building a cardboard (or something) structure and use it as a rad shroud, a mounting system for the rad to fix it to the case, and a support to the front bezels, filters and fans.

And the fans themselves, I don't see they are a part of the case, they are completely removable/replaceable. The only thing is that AFAIK all fan speed controllers are part of the fan not the case, so if you use other fans, you won't have speed controllers.

Somehow, I strongly believe that it is part of the case.. Since it would make no sense making a feature attached to a fan, not the case itself..

Sorry, I didn't see your post before, Yahonmaizosz. I asked in the Hexus forums, where the first review was published, and the guy that made that review told me that. I'm strongly interested in that case, and I asked some questions there, amongst them that about the speed controllers...

I think Antec has made some questionable design decisions with this case, like the front bezels/fans/filters attached to the drive cages instead to the case (what forces you to use those drive cages or do some extra work to hold them) or that of the fan speed controllers.

Back