• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone bought a Newegg 1700+ lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ardent

I know everyone is buying these ExcaliburPC 1700's, but I was wondering whether anyone had shopped at Newegg for a 1700+ recently?

In the customer reviews, ppl are saying that they still get T'Bred A's? Is this a frequent thing or is it just that ppl posted because they were disappointed?

Next: Whats the difference in speeds ppl are getting between the Newegg T'Bred B's and the ones at Excalibur?

Thanks for any info you can provide.....currently broke and leaning towards saving $25 at Newegg :)

Ardent

The T-Bred A's only do about 1.9Ghz. The T-Bred B DLT3Cs at Excaliber can do 2.3 or even 2.4, heck maybe 2.5 on occasion.

Some are duds though (like mine) and "only" do 2.2.

I guess it is all luck. I ordered a retail 1700+ from newegg a few weeks ago and got a DLT3C JIUHB 0310WPMW. Haven't had a chance to tinker with it yet as I am having other issues right now.

Last edited:
I just received an order for one of neweggs $50 1700+ CPU and I got a T-bred A with AIRGA 0250 stepping:( I don't know whether to try it out or send it back, anybody got a success story with one of these? I have an NF7-s to put it on so it would really suck if it's a dud!

I've got a B in my shopping cart at gameVe right now, trying to decide what to do though, I wanted to get some pc3500 memory for my current system 1st.

I think most people are still recieving T'bred A's from newegg. I would highly suggest ordering from eXcaliberPC.com

If you guys are really worried about getting a good chip,
just look in the classifieds here in the forums...I've sold about
5 of these, and there are always people buying two or three,
keeping the best one and selling the rest.

There is a computer show at the end of the month, if you guys
don't have any chips by then, I'll pick some up and sell them
here for $5 over what I paid for them...which is about New Egg
prices, and I'll ONLY pick the latest weeks.

Lonely Raven, I have an 0310 UPMW and it's a real dud. So mark me down for one of your chips. Anything is better than this thing :p

Thanks! :cool:

I ordered a month ago from Newegg and got an AIRGA, didn't even bother to OC it more than 150 or so MHz. My friend ordered about a month earlier and got a DUT3C JIUCB. That thing can hit 2001 Mhz at 1.85v.

If you're tight for money, get a JIUHB DLT3C 0312TPXW from GameVE if those are still in stock. These aren't miracle chips (mine only hits 2.23, and this is pretty average) but they're only $58.

Zero, I think my dud is worse than your dud :p

But then, who are we kidding? We're calling processors that only overclock by 600 MHz duds...

SpliT71 said:
says it's a t-bred b on neweggs description for the 1700
Where? I didn't see anything about it. My OEM is going to be here tomorrow. I sure hope it's not a tbred a. I already got one of the JIUHB 2100+ that does 2.1ghz. Don't need 2 duds.

Ok you have all taked me in to downgrading my cpu to upgrade my pc I'm gana get the 1700 and use my 2200 as a key chain or something LOL I went to eXcaliberPC.com and they have 3 1700's for sale all are at $72. 2 are brown chips one is green they show the numbers (stepping) but witch one should I order and why the 2 different color chips?

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1925
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1847
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1926

this last one is a retail one so its 4 different ones to chose from
http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?products_id=1962

let me know what yas think so I can place my order tonight. =)

The different colors don't mean much, only different PCB's. They're easier to mod, but that's just about it.

It's pretty much a gamble with overclocking, but I've heard people get the most luck with the XPMW. Just don't take my word for it.

I'm gana get the 1700 and use my 2200 as a key chain or something LOL

Don't hurt a perfectly good chip! :eek: Put it up in the classifieds, someone will buy it, that would make a killer folder.

Back