• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone bought a Newegg 1700+ lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
what exactly is folding? I know stupid question that must have been asked a million times befor.

no no no no, not stupid at all!

Folding@Home distributed computing program run by Stanford University. The objective is to help learn about proteins, and they way that the atoms interact when the protiens 'fold' into differant forms. Scientists believe that errors in protein folding may cause forms of cancer, Altzhiemers, and other nasty aliments. What you do as a folder is d/l workunits from a server @ stanford, and donate your spare cpu cycles to calculate how a protein fold, and then send it back to Stanford for use in research.

We would LOVE to have you join our folding team, every member helps out, and it's a great community. You can read up more on folding Here

and you can download the F@H client Here

Feel free to ask all the questions you want!
This invitation is officially open to EVERYONE!!
:D

hellrazrblade said:

do you realize how completely dishonest that is? you got what you paid for. there's nothing wrong with your chip.
I don't see how that is dishonest on my part, and I don't appreciate your comment. Newegg doesn't specify what they are sending as most know, I haven't used it yet so I have the option of returning it if I choose to. If they stated it was an "A" I would agree that I got what I ordered but they didn't.

Back