• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else excited for Q1 2010?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iaacp

March is gonna be a goooooooood month next year. There's ton's of stuff coming out around that time. What are you excited for?

January: MAG

February:
White Knight Chronicles
Mod Nation Racers?

March:

God of War 3
Final Fantasy XIII
(Just announced!) Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
Battlefield Bad Company 2

Then, later:

May:
3D Dot Game Heroes
Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker

Basically, it's better than Q4 2009 and I'm super excited for it. So many games, so little money, it's gonna be really hard picking out what to get. And what's even MORE scary is the fact that I've already missed some gems, such as Uncharted 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Call of Duty 6! I might not even get to play those now. Or maybe I will during that semi-slow time from Jan to Feb. Hmm...

MAG and GoW3 definitely. GT5=meh whenever it comes out, I'm sure it'll be disappointing in every regard compared to how much they talk.

Waiting for
FF 13
Bayonetta
Darksiders (supposed to be like a adult n64 verison of zelda least i read that in a preview they compared it to that.)
Bioshock 2

MAG and GoW3 definitely. GT5=meh whenever it comes out, I'm sure it'll be disappointing in every regard compared to how much they talk.

I agree, every game that has been delayed and hyped as much as GT5 has been utter crap. The last one I waited this long and wanted this much was "the Movies" and it was fun for like a month, well fun was relative. It was 6 hours of work for 2-3 minutes of fun.

I agree, every game that has been delayed and hyped as much as GT5 has been utter crap. The last one I waited this long and wanted this much was "the Movies" and it was fun for like a month, well fun was relative. It was 6 hours of work for 2-3 minutes of fun.

The problem with GT is the developers. I wasted an entire summer with GT3. They promised all this stuff with four, and BAM, none of it. And their bias is painful. I just don't believe the wait was for stuff worth waiting for. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but I think Forza3 set the bar, and it's a pretty high bar.

Graphics can be argued, but the sheer playability and depth to Forza has not been seen in any racing game.

GoW3 is definitely a must. And if Bioshock 2 is slated to be out, then that too.

Graphics can be argued, but the sheer playability and depth to Forza has not been seen in any racing game.

How so though? I'm asking this as a genuine question, having not played Forza 3. but what makes it so deep? Cuz I mean, Gran Turismo 5 is going to have Nascar, Rally, F1, and... all sorts of those racing types (not that I find that terribly appealing, but it does seem big).

I'm also maybe adding Dante's Inferno to my list. The PS3 gets some extra stuff, most likely only available at launch, so I might pick it up if I like the demo.

ahhh yes i forgot about dante's inferno waiting for that and I want to play mass effect 2 but i think i'll pick up the first one first then worry about that.

How so though? I'm asking this as a genuine question, having not played Forza 3. but what makes it so deep? Cuz I mean, Gran Turismo 5 is going to have Nascar, Rally, F1, and... all sorts of those racing types (not that I find that terribly appealing, but it does seem big).

I'm also maybe adding Dante's Inferno to my list. The PS3 gets some extra stuff, most likely only available at launch, so I might pick it up if I like the demo.

Every car is available from the get-go. You may not be able to afford them, but no levels to unlock, no races to beat. You wanna save for that Veryon, you can. And the game just hands you credits really, do it won't take long.

Can go from near arcade with guidelines, to full-throttle no assists tire squalling edge of your seat.

Their bias being stuff like American and European cars not having the same mods available, such as supercharging or turbocharging. The HP caps, which are not balanced.

If they improve all of this, then great. I want Turn10 to have some competition to make Forza even better. Just their attitude and GT4's level of disappointment set me down. :-/

Look, Gran Turismo was great in the beginning. It was THE innovator in racing games. They really didn't change much up until I think it was 4 where they had the rally stages. Forza came along and blew them out of the water. Forza hasn't changed a whole lot either since part 1. They've added some street racing in Europe and some downhills in Japan but as a whole it isn't much different from Forza 1. Gran Turismo probably wants to come back with a vengeance and take back the crown. The problem is that by the time they get the damned thing out, the Xbox 3 will be right around the corver and Take 10 will have a Forza 4 that will in turn annhiliate it due to the more advanced hardware. The problem isn't with the game itself, it's that the game should've been out 2 years ago.

Nope. Not excited at all.

I f'n HATED mag. God of War III will be good... but does it "excite" me?

HELL NO!

It's the THIRD ONE. God of War I excited me. God of War II kinda made me grin. Chains of Olympus, quite literally, made me laugh out loud... at least twice.

But the third game in any non-role playing game shoulding really excite anybody.

Gran Turismo will probably be pushed back again... and every game I really wanted (Batman, SFIV, Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Tekken 6, etc, etc...) already came out in 2009.

I think we're scraping the bottom of the barrel of this console generation. You'll see a couple of sequels to the games mentioned above... but that's about it before this generation is DUN-DONE.

Back