• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have NZXT Sentry-2 5.25" Touch Screen fan controller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't have it but I know someone on here does because I replied to their post regarding the same item so hopefully he'll pop up eventually.

I have the older Sentry w/o touch screen and it works great. There are a few things to keep in mind though if you decide to get it and I will paste that link to the other thread below. Just also want to add that if the touchscreen version has the rechargeable battery it's a godsend!! Once all of my cables were put in their place and tied down, etc, it was H E Double Hockey Sticks to get in there and replace my dead battery!! :bang head: I couldn't even just take it out because of the tight wiring, so having a rechargeable will save you a lot of headaches. Oh, and in case you don't know, that battery saves your presets when the power is off so that it won't start up in "stupid" mode.

Ok, here's the add'l info. Hope it helps you. Overall, I'm very satisfied with mine and have been an NZXT fan (pun intended) ever since! :D

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700168

You know my thick head did not even think about having a battery in it. It's does not say anything about the battery. But let me ask you another question. How hard would it be (on yours assuming its a lot like the one I am going to get) to run two light gauge wires to a battery case else where so I can change the battery easy. Also about how long does the battery last?

Hmmm.....I suppose that could be doable, but it retains the memory when powered up so just changing the battery while it's on takes care of that problem. As for service life, my battery lasted for well over six months and that was with about a month of being turned off. The battery only holds the presets. It doesn't power anything so it should last quite a while.

Well I order it about a hour ago I'll let you know about the whole battery thing. Thanks again for the tips.

Back