• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone killed video card from overclocking???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NetworkGuru said:
On a side note:
Can overclocking your video card (on stock voltage) with decent cooling decrease its life?

I'm worried about overclocking my FX5700LE, its got to last at least a year or two more.

Never overclock what you can't replace.You never know.

NetworkGuru said:
On a side note:
Can overclocking your video card (on stock voltage) with decent cooling decrease its life?

I'm worried about overclocking my FX5700LE, its got to last at least a year or two more.

It's fine as long as you don't increase the volts it shouldn't decrease your cards life. Even if the life are your card has been decreased, by the time it actually dies your card would be obsolete technology anyways.

6800 GT last week.

Overclocked 400/1100 in a hot room. It ran just fine at my own home. Anyways, it showed no symptons of dying then all of a sudden it croaked.

I have never killed a card by overclocking allways make sure i have enough cooling for my needs

Last edited:
I completely blasted a 9800 Pro back when they were 300 dollars.

Ah, my first OC attempt. Didn't even know what "aftermarket cooling" meant back in those days ^_^

If you mean on purpose, sure.

I got tired of an old M64 pro I had. Then I in short order burnt it up. I disliked that card from the day I bought it. Satifaction when it finally died. Amazing how long the card ran without a heatsink and fan.

killed a XFX 5600 256mb agp. It artifact here and there trying to find the sweet spot. Died after four months of OC.

I soft modded my x800 pro vivo to an XT plat. IT worked great for a while and then all of a sudden blew up on my. I flashed it back to an x800 pro but it neverworked well after that. Died under stress. IT went as far as freezing the computer.

Back