• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone knoe when samsung will release a sub 25ms lcd, or if I will need it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnComet2

I'm currently looking into buy an lcd screen. The one I looked at the most is the samsung 172t. I am a fairly moderate gamer, I game maybe .75-1.5 hours a day. I play far more often when I have a game that I absolutely love. My taste is games is pretty much mmorpg's and some fps and rts here and there. Although I am currently really enjoying the Planetside beta and looking forward to doom 3.

Anyways that was alot of rambling, but I was wondering if the ghosting on a samsung 172t would be apparent in games such as doom 3 and planetside, or even shadowbane? I looked at both the samsung 172t and the nec 1760nx at my local frys. I would go for the nec 1760 nx but i'm one of the people who find the fact that the bottom half of the screen being brighter then the top half is unforgivable when paying 500+ for a monitor. So does anyone here have any idea of when sub 20ms samsung lcds will be available or if I should even bother waiting for one? Will the ghosting/trailing in the games I mentioned be noticeable at all? I have talked to many ppl who say that 25ms response is perfectly fine, and many have also said that it is not. Thnks alot for all the help, and plz don't flame me too badly for being an idiot (i know literally no one with an lcd and don't know where I can test them).

The Hitachi CML174 is great at gaming...16ms response time...25ms just will not get it in my opinion for gaming...Samsung, ViewSonic and a couple others have or are in the process of releasing 16ms LCD's...Believe me it is worth the extra duckies to get one with 16ms response times...;)

Well, I'm not sure if these super fast, expensive LCD's are needed. My parents have a sony 17'' lcd screen, and when I tried Americas Army and UT2003, I didn't notice any "ghosting" or any other image distortion.

Either my vision sucks (which it doesn't) or I'm not looking close enough....

If possible you should buy one with 16ms response times...That Hitachi runs about 550.00 from monitors direct...Big difference in side by side comparision when gaming...:)

Back