• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with Tbred 1700+ & A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beeslappa

Registered
Hi,

sorry about this post, but I have tried everything and I can't get my computer to run well at all.

can anyone tell me their settings they have? like multipliers, vcore and fsb? thanks

edit:

I have tried everything but I can't get the CPU past 1800Mhz.

Either I raise the FSB and lower the multiplier or lower the FSB and raise the multiplier.
I have it now at 188x9.5 and it's stable

Last edited:
beeslappa said:
Hi,

sorry about this post, but I have tried everything and I can't get my computer to run well at all.

can anyone tell me their settings they have? like multipliers, vcore and fsb? thanks

edit:

I have tried everything but I can't get the CPU past 1800Mhz.

Either I raise the FSB and lower the multiplier or lower the FSB and raise the multiplier.
I have it now at 188x9.5 and it's stable

1800 MHz is more than 300 MHz above its stock 1467 MHz default speed, so it's good. Why are you upset? You're not happy cause it doesn't run well when you overclock it too much?

yeah i agree... I think you need to reconsider what your asking here. You are complaining about not being able to do a 300 Mhz OC, some chips dont OC at ALL much less 300 Mhz, line is a 1800 and it only does about 170 over, thats with voltage increases, big fans and heatsinks, and a lot of trial and error...

and if you are hitting the 1786 Mhz you are talking about then just be happy that you even got that...to problem may be for going any higher several things, 1. thats the chips limit, 2. you dont have proper power to rasie your fsb any higher, or 3. you dont have proper cooling, and many other things.

Hope that helps

Matt

I got 1800MHz with 1700+ Tbred A before..
Same as u...
more than 300MHz overclocking is not bad, right?

However, with 1800+ I got 1900MHz..
Well actually, I had 2 CPU.. 2 1800+..
one could hit 1900MHz, but the other hit 1800MHz.

So, overclocking is kinda luck..!!

Overclocking is pure luck. You never know how well a chip will OC before buying (unless the seller OCed it previously). Taking advantage of that overclocking headroom is another matter altogether ;)

~THT

Back