• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquarius or SubZero4G?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
That is the question I have here. I am interested in one of these two kits. I am not interested in builing my own, I just don't have time to do so. Which of these two kits will perform better? I am just looking for noise reduction and some mild overclocking. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

-Collin-

I'm not going to go with the '***' remark of 'use the search' because it's a newb question... but I will mention that because there are a lot of BAD things to say about the Aquarius II and many of them are quite funny to read =p.

Cliff notes: Aquarius II is to Water Cooling as Yoko Ono is to the Beatles' 1979 reunion tour ^_^.

So... yeah. Between the two, I'd go with a SubZero. In comparison to *other* WC-in-a-box kits you could choose, there are several others that would easily outperform both of them. The mantra "don't buy a kit" also applies... but that wasn't your question. Avoide the Aquarius II like the plague... in comparison to it, ANYTHING is better. I would bet $5 that a cotton pillow would allow for a more stable overclock than that p.o.s.

Watercooling is slightly more time consuming and envolved process.
It would be benefitial for you to find time to do the ground work for yourself.
Remember you get exactly what you've paid for, be it in terms of money or time spent.
Both of the kits would require some fidling to fit in the case. If you don't want to take the chances you might be better off with an external box, like corsair unit. That would be a more effective solution IMHO.

Last edited:
Aquaris II is really bad.
I'd do some reading and find out about building your own custom rig. If you're too lazy and you still want to go for a kit the Corsair Hydrocool is your best choice IMO.

Suma.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with the price. I know you get what you pay for, but really I am just looking to cut noise. I have an SLK-900 with an 80mm tornado fan...I don't think it gets much louder than this, unless I lived at an airport! I don't need any better performance, but I really want something that will perform equally and result in less noise. Are there any cheaper kits that will work? I see there is a danger den one for around 170. Any good?

-Collin-

Why not just buy one of those thermaltake case fans? My friend has a 900 and he gets ~40c with one, and its only 25db. If you want a halfway decent kit, the only one is from www.dtekcustoms.com . Kits generaly are just a waste of money.

subzero sucks too, the pelt is only 74W.

the answer is don't get EITHER, though it looks like you've turned your attention elsewhere by now, so that's good

hey NinjaZX6R,

what kind of performance are you exactly looking for?

and also:

what IS your max budget?

in the end its going to look like this:

for $10 - buy a fan; e.g. nice quiet case fan or something...etc; you might not *need* the extra cooling power

for $170 - buy a "kit" such as a dangerden or a dtek kit; both of which would most likely provide you with much better performance, and also be more reliable

btw, dtek *does* happen to have a sale going on till december 22nd which gives a 10% discount

I had the impression from the initial post that NinjaZX6R was looking for something "plug-and-play" style, requiring as little time involvment as possible. That's the only reason I reccomended corsair system since it's also basically plug-and-play with decent performance characteristics.
The d-tek kits would come with pump and reservoir that would have to be custom fitted by user with some modification to the case which i have considered not exactly to be pnp.
I apologize if I misunderstood the intent of the thread.

Well, I am not opposed to building one myself, I just think I am more likely to screw it up lol. My budget is around 150 (hopefully) and I just want a decent performing system. If I could build a system that could keep up with my air cooling, I would be happy. It is an SLK-900 with 80mm tornado. I was considering the tt aquarius because I found it for 90 dollars. There is not doubt that it is worth that, but spending more would give me much more performance, which is really what I was after. I was just worried about building it myself. I will look at the kits and what not, and I appreciate everyone's help....anyone want to build me one?!?!!? Could trade some cool parts for your services!!! :) Anyway, can't stress enough what a help this forum is, and thanks again.

-Collin-

well basicly youll probably get better performance out of the new thermalright heatsinks like the slk series and those heat pipe series. Just get a moderate fan, say 40cfm or so and youll be set if thats what you are looking for. If you go into watercooling, dont bother with those cheap kits.

Jon

I don't know if this is too late, but Subzero 4g is a POS. Yea, it is quiet and you could keep temps pretty low when you are at idle. As soon as you put any load on the cpu, your temps will go sky high and the fan will spin loudly to accomodate this.

Subzero4G is out of the question....and truthfully, I think that the aquarius is as well. I have been looking around at dtek, and even on the classifieds here. It looks like I can build a system that would KILL the aquarius in performance for the same price. I mean..... 40$ for water block, 40 dollars for reservoir, 40 dollars for pump, then tubing and what not, and I'm set.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Subzero4G is out of the question....and truthfully, I think that the aquarius is as well. I have been looking around at dtek, and even on the classifieds here. It looks like I can build a system that would KILL the aquarius in performance for the same price. I mean..... 40$ for water block, 40 dollars for reservoir, 40 dollars for pump, then tubing and what not, and I'm set.

-Collin-

You might want a radiator/heater core too

Back