• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

arctic silver 3......re-apply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whenever you remove the heatsink you need to re-apply AS3. Remember to clean off the core before re-applying and always apply a thin smooth layer.

well arctic silver say it doesn't dry out or anything, so in theory, if you never remove the heatsink, it shouldn't need reapplying. but personally, i'd redo it every 4-5 months.

Whenever the case is moved or the heatsink is off, I'm concerned about my thermal transfer therefore I reapply Arctic Silver. Lately, it has been maybe months since I reapplied (Whenever I got the motherboard I haven't applied since).

AS recommends you reapply every 6 months but lots of people haven't seen a performance decrease when they used it for 9-10 months.

I only re-apply when I remove my HS. But then again, I'm constantly replacing cpus or heatsinks every month or so.
I've never let my cpu or hs stay untouched for over 3 months.

Back