• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Silver 3g, how many heatsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You might need more for some things but for an XP core you just need a very thin layer on the core. I use a thin plastic bag and stick my finger in the corner and put some as3 on the bag then put a very thin even layer on the core. I first clean off the core, heatsink, and bag with alcohal.

q149 said:
You might need more for some things but for an XP core you just need a very thin layer on the core. I use a thin plastic bag and stick my finger in the corner and put some as3 on the bag then put a very thin even layer on the core. I first clean off the core, heatsink, and bag with alcohal.

Save time and use your finger next time :)

I used to treat my cpu and TIM as a level three biohazard and if i touched any of it it would be impure and such.. but now i just give the hs and die a quick rub of alcohol (IF its dirty...) and then put a dab of as3 spread it evenly on the core and seat the heatsink.

With my personal experience I would say that you could get anywhere from 15-25 applications out of it depending on how liberal you are with it.

Back