• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are moble chips that bad??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdmcnudgent

im running a moble chip at 150fsbx4 with the mem, and its crunchin seti units real slow. the mem is at pc1200, and the chip has 512 L2 cache, but its taking about 4hrs for a unit to get completed. when i was using this setup as a main cruncher in my sys, it was alot faster. could it be the moble chip??

im running a moble chip at 150fsbx4 with the mem, and its crunchin seti units real slow. the mem is at pc1200, and the chip has 512 L2 cache, but its taking about 4hrs for a unit to get completed. when i was using this setup as a main cruncher in my sys, it was alot faster. could it be the moble chip??

i'm not sure i follow you... are you saying that the mobile chip in a desktop system is not performing the same as well as a 1.8a in the desktop on seti?

Re: Re: are moble chips that bad??

dustybyrd said:

i'm not sure i follow you... are you saying that the mobile chip in a desktop system is not performing the same as well as a 1.8a in the desktop on seti?
yes, exactly. i did the seti bench with a sl6rz chip at just over 2hrs for a wu, and now im taking four??

jd, I have no problems with my P4 1.6m. It's running at a healthy 258fsb on an Abit IC7 at only 1.6v. 3.1ghz of mobile power and it just blows my 2.4b @ 3.1ghz on the Giga-byte 8sq800 right out of the water in Folding.

I've had two of those chips, and both did 222FSB on my BH-7.
Both rocked out.

But honestly, I've never benched them compaired to a regular
P4. I just used them till I got a 2.4c and sold them.

Back