• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus drivers better then Detonator...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunjaa

Registered
Something interesting, my GF2 mx Asus v7100, performs better with packaged Asus driver then detonator 7.xx or 12.20... is this kinda thing the 'norm' with Asus cards ??

What version of the Asus drivers are you using. I believe Asus just reelables there drivers to say Asus. I never liked anything from the 7, 10, 11, and 12 series from Nvidia. The 6.67 driver is my favorite, but I haven't done much testing lately.

Bender (Jun 02, 2001 05:42 p.m.):
What version of the Asus drivers are you using. I believe Asus just reelables there drivers to say Asus. I never liked anything from the 7, 10, 11, and 12 series from Nvidia. The 6.67 driver is my favorite, but I haven't done much testing lately.

Version 6.31b... Im gonna try the 6.67 ....

I had similar results using the Leadtek Winfast drivers included with my geforce 2 card in windows 98... the Winfast drivers are much faster in 3dmark 2000.

I run windows 2000 now and lost that option, so now I use the 1200 drivers for windows 2000 with about a 400 point hit in benchmarking.

Back