• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Maximus Extreme Z790 Thunderbolt help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rothschild

Registered
Hi.

For the Maximus Z790 Extreme the specs in the "Front USB" section it says "1 x Thunderbolt™ 4 connector (supports USB Type-C®)". I know it also has a Thunderbolt port at the back/external but just a bit confused about this internal one.
Due to one of the Thunderbolt ports being listed in the manual's "Front USB" ports section, I thought it was a Thunderbolt Header to connect to a PC case's Thunderbolt USB-C port, not that there is any PC cases that I know of which support Thunderbolt front port, but noticed it's not a Thunderbolt header & instead just an internal normal USB-C Thunderbolt port.

So how is this port designed to be used? Just a USB-C cable sticking out of the case somewhere? I'm sure I'm missing something. Are there Thunderbolt devices that mount internally in PC cases maybe that I'm not aware of etc?

Thanks!

Forgot I even posted. Thanks Max cat1 but I already know where the internal TB port is, but just find it really weird that it's there & not just another normally placed TB port at the back with the other TB port. Oh well, better than 1 TB port only.

Back