• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATACOM & P4Cs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diamond4D

Registered
If you were looking to get a 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8C from ATACOM.com 2 bad things have happened.

- Prices have jumped $50
- They will not be getting any for the next month.

Their order status does not work, nor do they tell you many are in stock on their site. DO NOT plan to buy these chips from this site.

Something screwy is going on with the major distributors. About a week ago I decided to order a 3.0C. Newegg said they had them in stock for $545. I tried to add one to my cart and all of the sudden their status changed to out of stock with an ETA of 5/7 with a price drop to $499. I checked Googlegear and they were advertising the 3.0C in stock on the main page for $499. I put one in my cart and noticed it said "in stock, expected to be in stock before 5/7." I went ahead and placed the order anyway. On the 7th I got an email saying the ETA had changed to "before the 9th." Meanwhile at Newegg it changed to 5/14 and the price went back up. Today I see they moved it up to the 9th as well. Maybe with a bit of luck they'll have them tomorrow. Atacom has always been difficult to deal with in that respect - doesn't surprise me the least.

i called atacom yesterday and the woman on the line suggested that i buy a backordered 2.4c for $200, but i declined.

Bad move?

I don't think so. by the time they actually have them in stock, so will googlegear, newegg, allstarshop, outpost, etc. Why let them "float" our hard earned money in the meantime?

Diamond4D said:
If you were looking to get a 2.4, 2.6, or 2.8C from ATACOM.com 2 bad things have happened.

- Prices have jumped $50
- They will not be getting any for the next month.

Their order status does not work, nor do they tell you many are in stock on their site. DO NOT plan to buy these chips from this site.

as is our custom here:

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

and thanks for the info! but we're all pretty much clued in on atacom and their stocking practices. thanks for looking out for us though.

Rasputin'sLiver said:
Why let them "float" our hard earned money in the meantime?

So true. You've got to be even more careful if you're not able to reach the shop in question very well (physically or by phone etc). It will hinder any action you might want to take to cancel the order free of charge.

Don't let impatience get the better of you if there is only a vague promise of quick availability.

I just checked googlegear and they have the 2.4C in stock for $219 with 2nd day free shipping. With tax and all it came to $237.07.

hopefully it'll be here by Monday.. :)

I don't see the 2.4C at Googlegear, but they did ship my 3.0C yesterday...

Back