• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 64DDR help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooww are youu doing

Registered
Hi
my mobo Soyo SY-6VBA 133, but it only supports agp 2X 1.0.
will the radeon 64 run good at only 2X agp.

cel2 533@725 vantec
SY-6VBA 133
256pc133
G400max
27gig

i have tested my radeon 64 meg ddr with agp 4x and then disabled the 4x and i never noticed the difference i once read that if your going to over clock you fsb you would want to dissable your 4x thats why i tested it and like i said no difference.im running a tbird 900 @ 1100 on a kt7a raid

thanks guys for your imput.
I'm going to go out and buy the card some time
this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------
cel2 533@725 vantec
256pc133
G400max

I bought the Radeon 64 DDR a week or two ago. If you get it at CompUSA they have a $30.00 mail in rebate. Every penny counts.

hooww are youu doing (May 20, 2001 10:01 a.m.):
Hi
my mobo Soyo SY-6VBA 133, but it only supports agp 2X 1.0.
will the radeon 64 run good at only 2X agp.

cel2 533@725 vantec
SY-6VBA 133
256pc133
G400max
27gig

The current ATI drivers only Support AGP2x Anyways! Had a ATI 64DDR and sent it back. That is how I know!

Before you decide on a Radeon, read my misadventures before you buy.

I got a Radeon 64 at CompUsa a short time ago, I am using a NEC 21" e1100 monitor, Keep in mind I installed the Radeon on a clean system and I even tried it with no PCI cards to eliminate any IRQ issues while trying to deal with the WAVY screen the Radeon produced.
I tried and tried every option and every Frequency not 60,70,72,85,Optimal ot default fixed this WAVY screen that was giving me a splitting headache after about an hour of use each day.

My last resort was to call ATI, and I have to say that they have great customer support, they offered to send me some drivers not yet available.

Still to no avail, ATI offered to swap the Radeon64 with a Rage Fury Maxx(even swap) Well I gotta say that that wasnt such a deal as I paid 240 clams for the Radeon, and the Fury Maxx I simply didn't need as that was the card I was replacing in the first place......

Anyway I bought a Leadtek GeForce2 Pro and the WAVINESS is no more......

I bought a Geforce 2 gts 64 pro 3D prophet.
after installing it worked great, but when i tryed to play any games it would
crash within 3 seconds of the game. So I returned it, and now I still want
a geforce card but it does'nt seem to want to work on my system.
The geforce I think has a problem running on 2X AGP1.0 complient.

im running the same card with great results equal or better to hercules gforce2mx with my t-bird 900 kt7a 22 inch hewlett packard monitor at really high resolution my driver is i believe 7075

harderclock (May 22, 2001 09:39 p.m.):
im running the same card with great results equal or better to hercules gforce2mx with my t-bird 900 kt7a 22 inch hewlett packard monitor at really high resolution my driver is i believe 7075
its a radeon 64 meg ddr in case of confusion

Back