• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATIKMDAG.SYS BSOD plz help :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

miasmablk

Hello I've just completed building my first gaming PC which I was expecting to be a fun and exciting experience, however I've been plagued with nothing but BSOD problems. to be exact what happens is: I set my cards to crossfire in CCC and go to launch a game such as Metro Last Light or Crysis 3 my system then immediately crashes and I am faced with the BSOD. The thing is both cards work fine when not in Xfire and I have tested each independently in their own pci-e X16 slot, I even switched them around both cards and both slots seem fine? I can even use my pc with the cards in Xfire so long as i don't launch a game or a benchmark etc.

****Pictured****
IMG_20140216_141124.jpg

Also have tried:

1.) Fresh driver install after system format
2) Fresh driver install using Guru3d driver sweeper
3.) atikmdag.sy_ expansion method
4.) Proprietary drivers
5.) New Crossfire Bridge
6.) Disable intel c-state
7.) Mem check

System Specs:

- Xeon E3 1230v3
- 2x Gigabyte r9 270x 2gb
- 8gb Crucial Ballistix XT Sport @ 1600mhz
- Msi z87-g45 Gaming Mobo
- WD 1Tb Caviar Blue 7200rpm
- XFX PRO 850w XXX (80+ bronze)

Can you boot to Safe Mode? If so, reinstall the drivers from Safe Mode.

i can...is there something i might be able to utilize from safe mode?

Its a bare-minimum boot of Windows, so if there is something conflicting with the Crossfire driver install it could be avoided in Safe Mode during the install.

kind of a noob question here but will steam/ metro LL /bench marks run in safe mode?

Very doubtful. I'm only suggesting to install the driver there, then you would reboot and test.

Problem solved! Turns out the issue i was experiencing was caused by my monitor (asus vg248qe) being set to 144hz while in crossfire mode solved by setting refresh rate to 120hz in CCC. I guess and cards don't support this refresh rate yet in xfire?

Problem solved! Turns out the issue i was experiencing was caused by my monitor (asus vg248qe) being set to 144hz while in crossfire mode solved by setting refresh rate to 120hz in CCC. I guess and cards don't support this refresh rate yet in xfire?

Back