• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attention Industry leaders: Water cooling the htpc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

givmedew

I've seen it many times, people looking for water cooling capable small htpc cases. Well, wait one minute. ... Why isn't there an entire series of products dedicated to water cooling the htpc. I am talking about smaller pumps with built in res tiny 80MM and 80MMx2 radiators, htpc cases specifically designed to house a 1 or 2x100 or 120 at its side or top with the dimensions of the case barely exceeding the with and length. Thinner tubing and cooling goals of 90-180 Watts.

WATER BLOCKS W/ BUILT IN PUMPS!

Make an entire section on your store dedicated to HTPC Watercooling. It will sell there is a market. I want a silent, tiny water cooled pc maybe an i5 using only the hd4000 but over clocked to be able to handle decent post processing at 1080p and some video games and emulators.

But silent, tiny, and professional looking also not a tower but similar footprint to a low end $300-500 receiver (about an inch shorter and 6 inches less deep than a full blown $1-2k receiver)

Do all the guess work for us make it kit-able for some and over-kill-able for others.

Essentially give us the parts for these closed loop water cooling kits but in an open loop expandable design.
-----------------

I am hoping that I am not the only one that feels this way and I am hoping that the people that are already about to flame me can just bite their tounge and keep this a positive thread.

If other people are interested in this maybe we can get the attention of frozencpu and they can work with the suppliers to bring this to the table.

Also yes I know that I can do a htpc with water cooling already but I am asking for parts and kits that are designed for it with clearance, size, and price the highest priority instead of performance and looks being the only 2 priorities.

i would settle for any silent cooling system really there is always fan noise or pump noise...

i would settle for any silent cooling system really there is always fan noise or pump noise...

Disagree with the pump noise. There are very very quiet pumps. I would consider the RASA 750 pump/res to be silent as long as it is not defective or ever ran dry.

When I first hooked up my RASA 750 I thought it was broke because it made no audible noise.

I also can not hear the pumps on the closed loop ready to go systems. Regardless that is why I think they need to start focusing on HTPC water cooling set ups as a silent pump would always be a requirement.

Thing is that the HTPC market, IMO, is slowly declining. With stuff like the Roku, all you have to do is buy a small $100 box and it can connect to network storage and play that. Some of these tiny computers, like the Rasp berry Pi can play 1080P. Most people anyway just use a cheap rig for HTPC purposes anyway, not really investing much money in it.

On the watercooling side of it, I don't think there's a huge issue. There's the Swiftech Apogee Drive, that's been posted, and they also have a rad/res/pump all-in-one unit as well, not sure how well it works. With that stuff, I think you can do a compact loop pretty easy. Hardest part about it would be finding a case.

If you have some metalworking experience though...

I will be using a RPi for HTPC. XBMC Is all I need. Raspbmc is pretty nice. Why spend over $100 in a decent HTPC Box when I can get something for less than $50?

Back