• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audigy 1 & 2 pinouts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately, all the connections on the card are digital so you cannot plug your case's front jacks into it.

Thanks for the fast reply. That really sucks, though. So if I want to use the front connections, I'd have to use the onboard motherboard sound, eh?

JCLW, may I have a copy of the modded Audigy 2 ZS drivers ? How, where do I go to fetch that file ? Would really appreciate the help.....got bare bone Audigy 2 ZS off Newegg with no install CD, manual, or documentation...

tshuas said:
JCLW, may I have a copy of the modded Audigy 2 ZS drivers ? How, where do I go to fetch that file ? Would really appreciate the help.....got bare bone Audigy 2 ZS off Newegg with no install CD, manual, or documentation...
PM sent

For anyone looking to do the audigy to audigy2 softmod that jclw was so kind to share with us I want you all to know that it actually does work! I've succesfully completed it a week ago and it added a little more punch in the bass and a little more brightness to the highs. Also it fixed my crashing problems in ut2k4!. Thanks JCLW.

Google is what we should really thank, as that's how I (accidentally) found it. I was looking for Audigy pinouts to connect my satellite receiver to the Audigy so I could get Dolby Digital while watching movies.

How do you extract the contents of the Audigy 2 driver (the sb_install_multilang.rar) that was downloaded from link #1?

If I double click on the downloaded desktop icon then widows says it cannot open the file, if I right click on the icon there is no option to extract.

Thanks for your help!

no....I don't even know what that is;) ...........:(

Do I need winrar to extract the file?, the instructions at the top of the page don't say anything about it.

WOW...it worked!

Thanks for the mod.....this should be a sticky!

I think a note to use WINRAR should be included with the install instructions. While this may seem obvious for some, the install directions could be more exact.

I don't know...

On your card there should be a silkscreened part number, either SB#### or CT####

The mod should work on:
  • SBPCI 256: CT4890, CT4891, CT4893
  • SBPCI 512: CT4790, CT4820, SB0150
  • SBLive! 5.1: SB0060, SB0100, SB0102, SB0103, SB0105, SB0221, SB0222
  • SBLive! 5.1 Value: SB0101
  • SBLive!: CT4620, CT4872, CT0060, CT4760, CT0061
  • SBLive! Value: CT4670, CT4780, CT1140, CT4830, CT4832, CT4870, CT4831, CT4871, CT4850
  • SB Audigy: CT4820, CT0070, CT0072, SB0090, SB0162, SB0092, SB0161, SB0192, SB0191, SB0091, SB0095, SB0230, SB0231, SB0232, SB0238
  • SB Audigy 2: SB0240, SB0243, SB0242, SB0280

Probably - I get a lot of IMs about this.

I just made WinRAR clickable as well.

Don't forget to install the updates on the creative website as well. A lot of people have been complaining that the newer drivers make their cards quieter, but the latest update (March 2004) gives me about a 50% boost in volume. Don't forget you'll have to run the patch on them to get them to install.

JCLW said:
Probably - I get a lot of IMs about this.

I just made WinRAR clickable as well.

Don't forget to install the updates on the creative website as well. A lot of people have been complaining that the newer drivers make their cards quieter, but the latest update (March 2004) gives me about a 50% boost in volume. Don't forget you'll have to run the patch on them to get them to install.

I was just about to ask you about the new updates....thanks:D

1. Download the full Audigy 2 drivers. Warning: ~120MB! (borrow an Audigy 2 install CD from a friend if you're on dialup) Link #1

2. Download the Creative Compatibility Patch ~125kb Link #1
I have one simple question for you.
Do you own (or operate) either of the sites you linked above?
Ok lets change that to two questions....
Do you even have permission from the people that do operate those sites to post those links here?

Lesson one----> just because you find said links on the web does not give you the right to blatently post them as you see fit.
BTW these are both PRIVATE sites and as such you should at least have the courtesy to ask the person hosting the files if you may do so.
:rolleyes:

Back