• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Audio CD problem - please HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HajmeR

Registered
Hello everyone,

So my problem is "quite interesting"... and annoying, :mad:
I have HP Pavilion dv6-2066dx laptop and my dvd drive is working very good with DVDs, data CDs, etc... but not with Audio CDs
I've tried to play few of my albums like Ozzy Osbourne, polish Hunter and Kazik and few more :attn:. But I wasn't able to play it. Laptop saw some kind of CD in the drive but nothing more, every track had 44bytes and I wasn't able to run it with any software, besides iTunes...

All of my CDs are OK, they are running without a problem on other pc.

I've tried to reinstall drivers of this drive, but nothing changed. I used few different programs and only iTunes works. I don't know what is wrong with it and where problem can be :bang head

If you need any more info about my laptop just ask me and I will try to tell you what I know. The same is with questions, etc.

I will upload some pic tomorrow because right now I don't have much time.

I hope that someone will be able to help me ;)

UPDATE:
After writing the first part of this post I've opened My Computer and I saw Audio CD symbol on my drive :confused:
I don't know what happened because I wasn't doing anything with it, just using iTunes to play new CD
Now everything is OK, I can use Windows Media Player and other programs to run my CDs
If anyone knows what is going on I would like to hear that
But I think my problem is solved... at least for now

Last edited:
My laptop drive sometimes takes it sweet time to correctly identify what is stuffed in it. Sounds like the same for you, at least that one time. Seems working so no harm, no foul.

Happy New Year.

Back