• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorite Audio Part

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1000000388.gif

So here's mine. The idea that you need to spend hundreds, maybe thousands on a single audio component.

Now I haven't spent as much time in the audio game as most of you. I've only been here maybe 15 years. Admittedly a good decade of that in the "Budget Legion".

From what I've learned over the years is that it's not about dumping money into a single component. It's about finding a sound you like, and finding a component to tweak that sound to what YOU like.

And thread idea - post what you think is your single favorite component. To make it fair, let's say under $200 brand new in box.

I'll start off.

I'm normally a headphone guy these days but I like a good, punchy sound. The one component I've leaned into heavy is actually a stereo receiver, a Yamaha R-S202. It's a standard two speaker receiver/amp, does two zones, does 100wpc clean. Bluetooth, radio, all that. Best thing is it can be found on sale for maybe $125ish.

So, any others?

Good wired speakers. Not going to get into brands to buy but there are many I, personally, will not hook up for music.

Back