• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D overclocking BIOS settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Right then, all most done, all we have to do now is set up the array.

With this board you can set up one raid array over the whole drive or create two aka matrix raid.

After you re-boot from setting up the bios press ctrl+i to enter the raid controller utility to build your raid array.

Using the cursor and Enter keys, select "Create RAID Volume"
1 Name: Name your Raid Volume
2 Raid Level: Lets go with Raid0
3 Disks: Uses the cursor keys, space bar, and Enter keys. You select the drives by pressing the space bar, then moving down the list with the cursor key to the next drive you want to add to the array.
4 Stripe Size: 128KB stripe size is fine for most desktop applications.
5 Capacity: If you only want a standard raid array then default to the whole drive.

And thats it if you have the one volume over the whole array, but if you selected a lesser amount when selecting the capacity is where the matrix part comes in.

Return to the main raid bios screen and select "Create RAID Volume" again.
Fill in steps 1 & 2 again
4 may or may not be available depending on what raid you selected in number 2
5 will not be available as the raid bios only lets you create two arrays with two drives. The second array is automatically sized to fill the remaining space.

And just like the other post's, should end up something like this:

Attachments

• P1030250.JPG
    P1030250.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 4,558
Last edited:
Now install Windows and your done.

Congradulations !

To help decide if matrix raid is for you read bing's thread its fabulous.

I all so found this guide very helpful in setting up the array.

Any how have fun, I know I did :)

Last edited:
Man!! what happened to this poor little thread ?
First its had to put up with me spanming all over it :rolleyes: And now just to add insult to injury someone has gone and poured PVA all over it :eek:

Richie13 said:
Deanzo,

Great information you've added here!

Thanks mate :)

Next up I think we need to add a "how to" update your bios in this thread as there's been a number of issues for some.

I can do the in windows one but someone else will have to do the floppy way, never tried it that way myself, so wouldnt know where to start (Ok I do, but you know what Im saying).

Any one up to it ?

Ps Hope this is ok with you batboy you did say you wanted other members to "jump in and add additional info" and Im just running with that :)

Last edited:
Deanzo,

I made myself a promise not to install a 3.5" floppy bay on this new computer. I figured it's time to use CD/DVD exclusively. So using the Windows uGuru flash utility was perfect for me. I think the best way to use it is to download the BIOS update to your computer, then from within the flash utility, direct it to the file. Worked like a charm. Using the floppy method is more steps, which could lead to more chances to make a mistake along the way. However, I think some may still prefer to do it the floppy way.

Updating your Bios with Flash Menu.

First and most importantly a warning, flashing your bios can cause issues including making your pc completely inoperable, so flash at your own risk it is not covered under warranty.
And to coin a phrase, don't blame me if it all goes wrong.

Before even thinking about updating your bios you must make sure your system is truly 100% stable, not ensuring this is one of the easiest ways to have a bad flash and corrupt your bios.

One of the easiest ways to set everything back to stock to ensure a stable system is to simply reset your CMOS first, refer post #5. More advanced users will have their own methods, but even at stock test your system for stability first. I used to have an IC7-G that needed the voltage notched up one to be what I consider 100% stable at stock speed, so please don't just take it for granted.

There is a number of ways and setting to update your bios with flash menu and I'm only showing the way I use it, If you do it differently please feel free to post it up.

1: Downloaded your new bios from here and save it to your pc

2: If zipped, unzip it.

3: Open Flash Menu.

4: Click the "setting" button to bring up the advanced settings menu and unclick boot block under update options, click ok.

5: Now click on "update from file" and browse to the directory where you saved the new bios to and select it.

6: A new window will pop up with a warning click yes and it will start up dating your bios

7: Make sure that nobody interferes with your computer and especially cuts the power to it.

8: After the bios is updated it can take some minutes for it to re-boot, if it does not post after some time it may be necessary to clear the CMOS, refer post #5.

When your back in windows re-start flash menu, and you'll see the new bios info in the display window.

Congradulations you have just updated your bios

Last edited:
As one of the spanmers of this thread...Thanks :beer:

It would be great to see another AW9D user here, to get the best out of this board make sure you put a E6600 on her.

I set up the Intel Matrix Raid on my AW9D-Max the other night. It was very easy to do and seems to have great performance so far. I used 2 WD sata2 160gb's and 1 Samsung sata2 160gb to create the array. I partitioned them each to 30gb and 130gb. The 3 30gb's are now a 90gb raid 0 partition with the OS & apps on it. According to HD Tach it's pretty quick. The 3 130's are one raid 5 storage drive (260gb I believe), which took forever to format, but is quite zippy too.

I can't wait to try out your (Batboy & Deanzo) settings for a 3.6ghz overclock.

Oh yeah, Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Pleased to hear it went well for you.

Make sure you post up your results in bing's thread.

And dont worry about resurrecting this thread, its a sticky so no one reads it any how hehe

Sorry for the revival.. however there is a new 1.6 bios to support the new 8xxx intel chips.. version 1.6 official. It can be located at www.abit.com.tw click global and it's on that site.

It also fixed things like:

my PCI payload is now adjustable and it saves after reboot
CPU virualization disabled doesn't mess stuff up anymore

overall.. finally i can't find any flaws with this bios. Good release!

(just gotta break teh 400fsb walls people hit with it!)

Last edited:
Hey I have this AW9DMAX what kind of voltage should I apply on the MCH & the vdim/cpu to push this e6400 processor

right now Im at 1.55 & 1.425 & cant get past 2.4ghz does it just need more juice?

I have bios 16 is there some other bios I should be using as well?

push the mch upto 1.7v and the cpu upto 1.4v

you then need to drop the memory divider down to 667 or 533 would be better then increase the fsb with uguru in windows

also increase memory voltage

it would be better if i new your system specs

Last edited:
Divisor at 533 now & ddr voltage is 2.2v

Ive never used the uguru software to oc, why would I need it now? (just curious?)

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit

OCZ Vendetta 92mm Ball CPU Cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835202005

I know its not the best HS but he has great airflow and the temps are decent I tried to tell him to get the ultra90 but he liked the way the vendetta looked :rolleyes: vs the u90

anyway his temps are good right now at 2.4ghz & theres thermal headroom

I tried like heck to get it to 3.0 ghz but was only running at mch 1.55v so I will adjust that & the vdim & give it another shot.

thx

yeh keep on raising fsb in uguru

your ram has a speed upto 1066

try to keep your ram around that speed

so if you run at say 400fsb your ram speed will be 800mhz

use that as a guide

Cosmo, I have my AW9D MCH/PCIe voltage at 1.80v at 439MHz 1:1 divider. That was the max FSB I could reach with my e6600. I can run 1.65vMCH at 400x9 too, for a point of reference.

Hello
i also have aw9d-max and e6600 and i recently baught mushkin memory 4gb kit 8500.
What are the best settings to have with this combination?
I tried to set the memory up to 950 but it wasn't possible..
Thanks in advanced!!!

Back