• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back to Intel for me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chasingapple

Well I think I have had quite enough of AMD stuff, tried a Duron, Athlon, Athlon XP and im not too impressed with any of them or the VIA chipset.

Just got my wife an HP ZT1145 Notebook with a P3 1.2ghz CPU in it (damn thing rocks), and took alot of parts we had together between our 2 desktop systems and built me a new fun machine.

System specs for mine are below in my sig, I just love Intel! Played around with a Tualatin Celeron a few months back...had a 1.0a running @ 1.47Ghz, but I sold it to an interested party. Anyway, Im sure you will see me around here alot now =)

Question while im at it, what is considered the BEST HSF to put on my P3, please keep in mind that looks are very important in this manner, going to be doing plexy window on the case =)

Cheers!

Sorry you left :(

I have a AX-7 and it rocks it will have no problem cooling that pIII

For looks a Thermaltake Volcano 7 Plus is good and has preformence to back it up.

Click here for heatsink revs.

Hmm, yeah I checked those out but they are a little blocky for me, want something a little more interesting to look at. Perhaps I will change what I said, not the BEST performer but a GOOD performer that is the bomb to look at =)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks so far!

you could try a dragon Orb 3....while performing on a level much lower than an AX-7 it does do quite well enough for a PIII....

www.svcompucycle.com I believe is the websight. They have some of the best price/s&h prices around on cooling supplies. They ship in a timely manner too. While an orb looks pretty neat, there are some other interesting to look at hsf out there that are much better performers. Also, a better hsf might squeeze a few more mhz out of that 800 as well. Good luck to you. If that link doesnt work, check out www.newegg.com they dont have near the selection of svc, but they do have some excellent prices. They are also probably the best one stop shop for comp parts on the web.

Back