• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad IT7 Overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technogeeky

Registered
Hello folks,

I am concerned about the condition of my IT7. While I am happy with my overclock, some things seem strange to me:

- When plaing Unreal Tournament 2003 demo or even using Microsoft Word, there are noticable pauses in the applications. I think this may be a Windows thing because after recently tring some extreme overclocking, I had some hard disk errorsr and things haven't been the same since.

However, this is what I know and how I know it:

My CPU will hit 177 MHz stable (it's a 2.26a) with the AX-478 heatsink. The idle tempature in this case is quite high, something like 50 degrees celcius.

My CPU tempature is obviously off. Even with the AX-478 installed with a ThermalTake Volcano fan attached, the idle temp. STOCk is 37 degrees celcius.

My memory will go higher. Right now, I am running at 3:4 (memory is 4) at 168 MHz. It appears to be stable. It used to be stable at 169MHz. I have a friend who has a chiller and he can run my memory stable at 180 (3:4). I have a better (more constant) power supply than he does, and I'm running 1.7v CPU / 3.2 (2.98) volts for the memory.

My 2nd memory slot does not seem to work. No matter how I seat the memory, I get boot errors.

Problem: My goal is 3.0GHz on air. I have not even come close to that yet I truly believe I can.

Is it possible my motherboard could be a bad overclock, or is it a bad combo of memory running too high of temperatures and my CPU running too hot?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

-Drew

i think my second memory slot also is not working............whenever i put the memory.i'll get a7 code during boot up...................

What are your memory settings? I had similar problems; a lot of RAM requires 2.5 latency with dual sticks.
Try backing off to 2.5/6/3/3 and see if you can boot with a second stick (I assume you mean that you can't boot with a second stick of RAM in the second slot, not a single stick in the second slot)

wills11 said:
What are your memory settings? I had similar problems; a lot of RAM requires 2.5 latency with dual sticks.
Try backing off to 2.5/6/3/3 and see if you can boot with a second stick (I assume you mean that you can't boot with a second stick of RAM in the second slot, not a single stick in the second slot)

What i meant was with a single stick that won't worj in the second slot.......i am also getting worried about that

Back