• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Page Tearing with Hyundai L90D, Opinions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent_Johnson

Registered
For those that are familiar with my previous thread http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=445869 you will know I have been going through hell trying to figure you what was causing this artifacting in games and also what is causing this random artifacts of a random size, shape, and color when the screen changes quickly from one screen to the next like during boot or like alt tabbing and what not. Well I was using dvi and getting the random flickers during boot, went back to analog cable and viola no more artifacting during the boot process or when screen changes quickly, so I don't know if the cable is to fault or the monitor but something is screwy with digital. I also get bad page tearing when playing CS:S or Battlefield 2. Especially using digital when the refresh rate is 60. If I turn on vertical sync, I get no tearing but a noticable drop in performance, so that sucks. If I go analog I can bump the refresh up to 75 which does seem to help but I can still see the page tearing. So my question is, is there somethign wrong with this monitor? Should I RMA it? I doesn't seem like I should be getting this bad of tearing on a 8ms monitor. Plus, it does that random flicker of an artifact when using digital connection. If you didn't read the other thread, it's not the video card as I've been through three with this problem.

There's a remote chance that it's the monitor, or maybe even other components, but I'd still put my money on the video card being the problem. You're obviously overclocking the card, if it's at 485/1200(stock is probably around 470/1100). My eVGA card gets artifacting at only 1.15GHz, and you're pushing 1.2GHz, quite a difference. So lower the overclock to factory settings, then test for artifacts.

Fireside85281 said:
There's a remote chance that it's the monitor, or maybe even other components, but I'd still put my money on the video card being the problem. You're obviously overclocking the card, if it's at 485/1200(stock is probably around 470/1100). My eVGA card gets artifacting at only 1.15GHz, and you're pushing 1.2GHz, quite a difference. So lower the overclock to factory settings, then test for artifacts.

Actually, I need to update that. The "third" one isn't overclocked but is at stock 470/1100. No, I found the problem to be pretty much my kick *** system, lol. Monitor simply cannot keep up with the fps the pc can produce. I was using net_graph 1 last night in CS:S and I was averaging 160fps and a few times went as far as 205fps, with all settings on high including antialiasing. That's asking a lot from any lcd. If I set the fps_max to 100 all is good and she hums along at a steady 100fps and the tearing is gone. What's funny is my old pc could only do 25fps with all settings and resolution on their lowest.

Back