• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Basic Micro ATX PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks OK i guess... if you plan to run Linux on that rig you are best with an nVidia card, if not then ATi will suffice :).

As for thermal compound, I'm not sure how the Akasa stuff performs - try to get some Arctic Silver 5. :D

Also, you want to shop around a bit. Check Scan, Dabs.com, Komplett, and Ebuyer to compare prices :).

Ok, Thanks.
- I did think about the gcard in relation to linux, and that may still swing the choice, but ive never yet used linux, and i doubt i will on this PC.

Will get some AS5, thats just all scan has, so i stuck it in pro-tem, just so i dotforget altogether. (i finally used up all my AS3 last w/end)

And yes, your right, i need to go round a check other places for prices, which would know £30/45 or so off. (all the prices are from scan atm)

Daniel

Also i was thinking about PSUs.
- I want this system to be uber quiet, and im a little worryed as there seem to be no 'quiet' branded Micro atx psu's, and non of these size cases seam to fit a fullATX PSU like the nexus ones, or whatever

Daniel

Back