• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

beetle mod - super small computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GT113-PIP.JPG

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?pid=42327000&pcatid=2&catid=204

Sorry, just had to do it :beer:

It's off the hook arlight. . now put it back on the shelve.
I HATE BEETLES~!
and what is all this w00t crap about!?
Geeze the forums are gettin wackier every day!

ThePunkGeek said:
hate beetles or not i would like to see you do better.

good comeback *cough*
Anyways I never said I could do better, I just said I didnt like it. That was my opinion.... and that is what the forums are for, open ended discussion and a few arguements. So deal with it ........
You beetle loving weirdos:p

I don't like beetles either but it does make the mod a little easier. All of the models of cards that I like would be too sleek to fit a PC into.

ninthebin said:
why dont them people bless us mortals by joining these forums and showing us how its done :(
It's not as hard as it sounds. The weirdest thing he's done is rewire some of the I/O connections instead of buying extender cables.

I know where to get all of the parts he used.

Captain Slug said:

I can help your design a case in the CAD program I use. I also know where to get the smallest parts.

Your rank does you justice.. :)

I'm in a blueprint stage right now and just finished up a weird philisophical debate with my friend whether to do a briefcase mod or a plexi-from-scratch case. After looking over our tools and discussing the "coolness" factor, it looks like we're gonna' do the plexi. Since it's gonna be a ftp/apache/ICS server, we also thought about a LCD monitor on the side somewhere that can relay network information (no plans to use a monitor). no need for cd-rom, dvd, floppy or anything like that (except for initial installation), and have enough room to fit one huge HD (maybe a 100g)

Scored the mobo off ebay for 70 bucks.

I'm definatly interested in scoring some parts for the case and finding the best way to cut it. I'm open to ideas.

Back