• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best AMD motherboard available right NOW.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluce ree

Registered
hello all,

I currently have a dual Athlon 1700xp (modded) smp system. 1gb of pc3200 ram on an ASUS a7m266-D motherboard.

The bios doesn't allow for multiplier increase/ decreasing and the system is completely unstable at any FSB above 140MHz.

What motherboard would you recommend for me?
Overclocking / stability matter, in that order.
SATA is nice, but not a requirement.

abit's NFS-7 2.0 looks nice, anyone have problems with it?

My current PSU is 560Watts.

thanks.

Many people are claiming that the new DFI Lan Party board is the best nForce 2 chipset based board. My NF7 arrived yesterday and it is an excellent board. It does high overclocks out of the box and is a good all rounder. Id recommend it anyday.

Craig

EDIT -
If SATA is not a requirement you can buy the NF7 instead of the NF7-S, this doesnt have SATA, also it has the MCP Southbridge instead of the MCP2-T that the -S has.

I havent used it, but I really like the Abit AN7... Most likley the board I will be getting (its similar to the NF7)

I would advise strongly against anyone buying an AN7. Its basically an updated NF7 with vmem up to 3.2 fvrom stock but it has flaws. Abit had to cut a trace at the last minute to prevent the third dimm slot from burning up. The boards PCB layout is potentially flawed and had to be corrected at the last minute, instead of cutting the trace they put a large gash in the board.

Craig

I have nforce2 boards with mcp and one with mcp-t, and unless you need the firewire, it is hard to tell difference in sound quaility.

Back