• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best oc cpu under $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gakkuken

hi guys;

it's been a while since i am in the market for nice amd cpu, the last time i checked... it was still 2100+ XP and 1700+ XP being the most popular oc cpu, what about now? please give me some update for my new friend's pc.

i think it's hard to find 1700 now.... will be running w/ nf7-s (i still think it's the best mobo out for amd.... or am i wrong?)

any info is appreciated, thx

DaMouse

Athlon XP 2500+ is the best one at the moment under $100, based on Barton core and can reach speeds of 2.2GHz+ (3200+)

OP
gakkuken

gakkuken

DaMouse said:
Athlon XP 2500+ is the best one at the moment under $100, based on Barton core and can reach speeds of 2.2GHz+ (3200+)

any speical stepping i should be looking for? and who sells the best 2500+ chip?

thx!

The Coolest

well try to look for an AQXEA or better (like AQZFA and such) but pre-week 39. as week 39 and up chips are totally multiplier locked. but it will be better to get a locked AQZFA than an unlocked AQXDA or something like that as the first will OC way better, even with a locked multi. make sure you get good ram, then even a locked multiplier won't pose much of a problem

dreammmatt

are only the 2500+'s multi locked now? or are even the 2800+'s, because i know someone who was dead set on a 2800+, and am just curious if there is anything to beware of.

mattmolson

hi gakkuken
can comfirm aqzfa0340spmw is unlocked.pay careful attention to those last 4 letters,spmw.other week 40's are locked apparently.good luck
was referring to xp2500 barton,sorry

Last edited: