• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Radeon for $100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You would need to check out some classified adds for a 9500 they sell for under 100 bucks used. For new there is nothing much worth it for sub $100 price range.

Non pro's are 4 pipe cards with 128, or 256 bit memory busses. they can somtimes be softmoded to 9700's (but will prolly cost more)
Pro's are 8 pipe cards with 128 bit memory buss speeds and cant mod to 9700's they are right around 100 bucks used. (maybe more)

Both cores should OC the same, and even the lowest 9500 is a nice performer.
manufacturer doesn't realy matter just stay away from black PCB saphire's (they wont mod, and are sorta a second rate design)

For a hundred bucks (and if you don't want to go hunting on ebay), just get yourself a Ti4600 (a few stores still have them non-refurb). They're much better than a plain 9600, imo. The 9500Pros are mid-range sweetness itself but hard as hell to find.

P.S. I am not trying to turn this into a nvidia vs. ati flamewar.

d]g[ts said:
stay away from black PCB saphire's (they wont mod, and are sorta a second rate design)
thats not true.I have a black pcb sapphire 9500np(in my kids rig now) that mods to the 128bit 9500pro just fine.between my son and I we have played ALOT of games and have never seen a checkerboard.I've benchmarked the crap out that card as well.overclocked in 3dmark2k3 it is good for just under 4500.

Cotl, maybe I should have specified that it wont mod to a 9700. Personaly I have owned one myself, and a 256 bit red PCB, and a BBA 9500 pro. The Black card had the Entrontech ram that went nowhere, and I Seen many users have lots of issues with Black PCB cards on sapphires forums. You may have a good one, but I'm just tring to keep someone from buying a headach IMHO. appologies for offending you and you card. D]g[ts

d]g[ts said:
Cotl, maybe I should have specified that it wont mod to a 9700. Personaly I have owned one myself, and a 256 bit red PCB, and a BBA 9500 pro. The Black card had the infineon ram that went nowhere, and I Seen many users have lots of issues with Black PCB cards on sapphires forums. You may have a good one, but I'm just tring to keep someone from buying a headach IMHO. appologies for offending you and you card. D]g[ts

no offence taken and my apologies if I offended.I also agree that the 256bit red pcb is a better card for sure.my sapphire has etrontech ram and get past 297 without artifacts.I was only trieing to state that it was not as craptacular as it appeared in your post.

Back