• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best tualitan o/c without vidpin mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdoch

Looking at grabbing a tually pretty soon but was curious of the 1.0a,1.1a, or 1.2 which of them reaches the highest o/c at default voltage. Or the highest attainable without vidpin.
I was curious also if there were any results on the new steppins for the tuallies in march. I read at intel that the 1.2 default voltage is now 1.5 volts while the 1.0a and 1.1a were still 1.475 has the 1.5 volts given any o/c advantages to these new steppins 1.2.

It wasn't my first choice but chose over what was in stock over ordering so I grabbed an abit vh6t cause I needed a board that uses more than 512 megs.

I almost qualified!

I just finished an upgrade with a celeron/tualatin 1.1a and it simply was not completely stable on my ABIT ST6 at the max bios voltage of 1.6. It would crash in Prime 95 after about 1/2 hour.

I did the vid pin trick and bumped the voltage up a whole 0.02 volts and now it's perfectly stable.

I'm using a lapped SK6 and have good case cooling with a 120mm intake fan and two 80mm exhausts.

temps at stock voltage and 1.1GHz were 32C for the CPU and 28C for the case.

temps at overclock are now 40C for the CPU and idle, and only 42C for the CPU after 11 hours of Prime 95, with case temps around 33-34C.

I used the pin hole method on the ST6 board and it was very easy. I wouldn't avoid doing it to get a good overclock.

i and TASOS may qualify but i believe that the BD133U is the only board that allows up to 1.8V through the cpu...id say just go with the vidpin or search for an updated or Secret bio for the VH6T

Sorry I guess I should have specified more clearly what I was going for which is which of the three will hit 133 without vid pin. From the first post I am guessing but it looks like the 1.1 could hit 1463 pretty easy with in the volt range without vid pin and that looks attractive. Unless the new sspecs for 1.2 could do it then I think I would go for it.

either the 1.0a or 1.1a should be your choices, but is there any specific reason why are you against the volt mod?

From my experience with both the 1.0A and 1.1A.....
I can tell you that they were 1000% stable @133 mhz fsb
with vcore=1.525

The 1.0A was a Malay chip
The 1.1A is a Philipines chip

Well thanks Tasos looks like I wil probably steer towars the 1.1A. This will probably be my last upgrade with the 370 line(maybe LOL) so I wanted the most bang for my buck and the chip that reaches the 133 with the lowest voltage allways seems to reach the highest fsb most reliably. I have been kinda getting tired of the noise by the fans in my tower so heats gonna be an issue to me this time around thats why I am steering away from the vid pin. I plan on insulating the tower to soften the echo,rubberize all metal mounting or where they connect to minimize vibation but I always felt by doing so also retains the heat in there as well and want as few fans as possible.Currently there has to be five or 6 in there. Of course I could always go water but maybe I wil look at those neat new towers around with built water blocks pretty cool and convient. I am trying to hold out upgrading to an amd and p4 line as long as possible until intel releases those new single chip mutli threading cpus next year.Which more than likely will mean a new board agian even if I did go northwood now.Also with this board I have and more than likely that the 1.7,1.8 tuallies will be 133 fsb default great o/c will go beyond my ram and dividers.

Back