• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beyerdynamic headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr3w

Im looking to get a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 231 Galactic head cans

I was wondering if anybody here uses these, or has ever used them. I have tryed them on in a Hi-Fi shop and they were compfy and sounded good also, but i wondered how they are over time.

Other makes im also considering are sennheiser HD495's and HD500 and HD 200's

any other suggestions are welcom

:D

ALSO

i can find NO difference between the Galactic and non Galactic version of the DT231's apart from colour and a slight price difference- anybody know any better??

I have the DT220, I bought them 6 or 7 years ago and they're still working fine, I bought them when I was a DJ and liked them better than the Sennheiser in the same price range as they can handle bass a lot better (They can make your ears bleed:eek: ...well at least hurt your ears).

DT231:
Power-handling capability 50 mW at 112 dB SPL
Nominal SPL 92 dB SPL

DT231 Galactic:
Nominal power handling 50 mW at 113 dB SPL
Nominal SPL 95 dB SPL
Transparant Blue ear caps

The Sennheisers are also great, It's just a matter of taste. (I don't like those foam ear pads most Sennheisers have).

ok thankyou very much

But i dont really know what those values mean :(

am i likely to notice the difference? they seem very simliar anyway- not a HUGE differnce:D

This might help you to understand it a bit better.
Also for a 3dB increase in SPL (Sound Pressure Level) you'll need about twice as much power, but as you can see @ 50mW there's only a 1dB difference (hard to notice).

Back