• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Big cases...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fedorenko

What kind of casing system would I require to fit multiple computers into a singular case. Just standard ATX mb/s.

If it comes to me making myself a case, what kinda materials shoudl i use to do it? I have no special tools (and very limited skill :D)

Thanks.

You could build a case like a YattaMonster, except just don't make one a server. You could probably just build a larg shelf out of wood and each shelf can hold a computer, mount the motherboard on it. If you make it wide enough you can put one whol computer on each shelf, including the hard drive, cd-rom and p/s. You could also put a cold cathode on each shelf, paint the wood and put a plexiglass door on the front, that would look cool. Good Luck!

mdcomp said:
You could build a case like a YattaMonster, except just don't make one a server. You could probably just build a larg shelf out of wood and each shelf can hold a computer, mount the motherboard on it. If you make it wide enough you can put one whol computer on each shelf, including the hard drive, cd-rom and p/s. You could also put a cold cathode on each shelf, paint the wood and put a plexiglass door on the front, that would look cool. Good Luck!

The way you think, is very similar to the way I do. Im currentlythinking of making a big cube like case out of wood with a nice black outside, and the differnt computers in self contained cases. In each section, I will paint a differnt coulr with UV pain and the neon, and have little windows in front of each section......

Hi Again,

For those of you who want to know, I have attached a poorley done image of what I want to evenentually achieve. Basically, its a black MDF box with 5 shelves. The top 3 shelves hold computers (AmigaONE, Apple, IBM). The 4th shelf has the external drives and the 5th carries the power supplys.

The first 3 compartments will have a small window allowing you to see inside. To make it more intereasting the insides are painted wiht UV paint a colour that matches the platform (well, a colour that I think matches the platform.

Blue - IBM
Red - AmigaOne
Green - Apple

The 4th compartment has a flap that covers the drives, and the 5th has nothing.

The 3 computer contain comparments have 2 fans on 2 sides of the case so there is a good clean flow. The 4th has no fans and the 5th contains holes for the 3 Antec power supplies (the ones that glow).

'The OS Box' as I am to call it, is going to aim to have the largest amount of Operating Systems ever contained in a singular case.

Any modifications I should make to my design?

At work I've had my eye on a big (black) IBM AS/400 disk cabinet that they're going to be tossing out soon. It looks like an AS/400 but it only stores lots and lots of disks. My idea is to fit a 10-node beowulf cluster inside of it, using a shared watercooling setup and a shared power supply.

Back